Evangelion

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Evangelion

Postby Chez » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:10 pm

The said there would be 4 so most likely 2015 for the end of the movie series maybe longer for the bru ray
Image I stream and stuff o.o
Chez
Not Mexican

Postby guy07 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:20 am

Chez wrote:The said there would be 4 so most likely 2015 for the end of the movie series maybe longer for the bru ray

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
guy07

Postby ZephyrStar » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:33 am

Hey, at least there's a proposed release date. :D
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby McDirty » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:08 pm

UPDATE: The official title of the 3rd Rebuild movie came out on midnight of Jan 1st. Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo.

http://www.evangelion.co.jp/index.html

As always, speculation and theories on whether it's a reference to the sequel to the original series theory or not continues.
McDirty

Postby Joe88 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:50 pm

was pretty much about to say that about the sequel
there is just way to much evidence to deny it, or maybe we are all just getting trolled...
Joe88

Postby McDirty » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:14 pm

There's also an equal amount of evidence that suggest it isn't a sequel, but none the less, we shall see when the movie comes out. :D
McDirty

Postby kenisama » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:31 pm

From the moment I watched 1.0 and saw the red seas... I'm sticking with my gut feeling and saying this is a continuation of the series
Spoiler :
after all, at the end of The End of Evangelion, if he was able to bring Asuka back from the primordial soup, who's to say that he wasn't able to recreate the rest of the world?
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
kenisama

Postby Qyot27 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:53 pm

kenisama wrote:From the moment I watched 1.0 and saw the red seas... I'm sticking with my gut feeling and saying this is a continuation of the series
Spoiler :
after all, at the end of The End of Evangelion, if he was able to bring Asuka back from the primordial soup, who's to say that he wasn't able to recreate the rest of the world?

Spoiler :
Asuka brought herself back. It was one of the things Yui mentioned right before Shinji rematerialized, that anyone could come back out of there if they willed themselves back.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Third_Impact#A ... ird_Impact
"All disembodied individuals are left with the option of recreating their bodies and returning to a life in the physical world, regardless of the pain it would inevitably entail. Shinji, and later Asuka, return to the vicinity of Hakone, but the fate of everyone else is left open."
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog
Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny

Postby Qyot27 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Qyot27 wrote:
Spoiler :
Asuka brought herself back. It was one of the things Yui mentioned right before Shinji rematerialized, that anyone could come back out of there if they willed themselves back.

"All disembodied individuals are left with the option of recreating their bodies and returning to a life in the physical world, regardless of the pain it would inevitably entail. Shinji, and later Asuka, return to the vicinity of Hakone, but the fate of everyone else is left open."

Spoiler :
I thought it was just Yui, it was actually her, Rei, and Kaworu that drove that point home. But the part of the movie it was in was still correct.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog
Qyot27

Postby kenisama » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Qyot27 wrote:
Qyot27 wrote:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :
I thought it was just Yui, it was actually her, Rei, and Kaworu that drove that point home. But the part of the movie it was in was still correct.

touche
Spoiler :
but Shinji was still the one that "willed" or rather wished for everyone to disappear... still doesn't explain why the oceans are still red in the rebuild movies =p :mrgreen:
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
kenisama

Postby uncreative » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:34 am

kenisama wrote:From the moment I watched 1.0 and saw the red seas... I'm sticking with my gut feeling and saying this is a continuation of the series

Spoiler :
Lilith-Rei's blood is still all over the moon too, so I see it being a continuation of some sort as being inevitable.
uncreative

Postby Uzumakiclan45 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:02 am

Does anyone know who currently owns the distribution and steaming rights of the original Evangelion series here in the U.S.? Because I've been wanting to see that for a while now, but I don't know where to legally find it.
Uzumakiclan45

Postby Qyot27 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:41 am

It has always been held by ADV Films in the U.S. and Canada, with the movies held by Manga Entertainment, and the Rebuild movies held by Funimation. When ADV broke up into smaller 'companies' (if that's what you want to call it; Section23 is the umbrella they all operate under, with Sentai Filmworks being the most notable), it got inherited by one of said divisions - from what Wikipedia reports, specifically AEsir Holdings.

On where to find it, you can buy it through RightStuf. Amazon would probably have it too.
The Platinum Complete Collection thinpak issued before the ADV break-up. $29.99
Qyot27

Postby McDirty » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 pm

New Evangelion 3.0 update. With the release of the movie exactly 1 month away now, looks like a new trailer is now amongst us.

Evageeks.org wrote:During a “Zero” countdown to a Nicovideo site campaign, there was some hints at an Evangelion collaboration. With some Evangelion styled timer count-downs, we really didn’t get much.

But then it was time, 3am EST rolls around and Niconico (Japan’s very popular version of Youtube) does their new live release broadcast. People without premium accounts got kicked off as resources were reserved for people with premium accounts. Around 6am EST we finally got something. A short trailer-of-sorts for Evangelion 3.0, you can grab a copy of it HERE.

Amongst things of note:

Shinji looks kind of pissed off, but that’s nothing new in these new movies.
Kaworu is actually interacting with people (more importantly with Shinji).
Asuka space scene, which we’ve previously seen in an unfinished TV-only preview
Looks like a Kaworu + Shinji doing a “Quatre-mains” on a piano (Shinji’s hands being the less pale ones).
Oh, and there’s one smug Mari

Will update the post as new things show up.

A Youtube link is also available:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... -AL_RxFQqk

The original Nicovideo can be found here:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19139116

Personally, it's questionable of whether or not Kaworu is actually interacting with anyone other than Shinji. Still pretty excited though. Can't believe it's actually getting closer.
McDirty

Postby McDirty » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:49 pm

New Update! And brand new theatrical trailer!

I have to say this brand new one shows a lot compared to what we've been seeing in the past. I can safely say that there are two things that I am now very excited for in the month of November. Episode 5 of Tell Tale's The Walking Dead and this movie. :D

New Theatrical Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f6QJ3SryEA
McDirty

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion