Fairy Tail

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Re: Fairy Tail

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:11 pm

So is this going to be one of those really long running shows or do we know yet?

Michele
Org Profile

Post by Michele » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:33 am

Moonlight Soldier wrote:I've never seen One Piece, but I'ma sooo be following this. I love the colours in it and the characters are pretty cute. (Dude buddy is known for stripping! STRIPPING! I lol'ed so hard.)

When I started watching it all I could think of was Final Fantasy Guilds! + Slayers. hehe.
:mrgreen: :up: Fullbuster Gray is a reason why I chose to look into it. I read through the posts, it doesn't look like Fairy Tail is getting any justice l=
I'm reading the manga, but right now I like the anime better. I was hoping someone would give more support for the anime >-> since were AMV editors..ya no such luck xD I might like the manga more later down the road, once I'm past at least half of it.

What can I say right now, is.. Sadly it does play up on such naruto aspects, such as this one screenshot was similiar to naruto using kyuubi to natsu using the dragon, and something else Fairy Tail did was similiar to Naruto, but luckily I've forgotten (I've dropped naruto completely for the time being.) I'm optimistic to become a die-hard fan of Fairy Tail. I think its pretty good so far.

Sixth episode, go go go! O:

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:11 am

Michele wrote:
Moonlight Soldier wrote:I've never seen One Piece, but I'ma sooo be following this. I love the colours in it and the characters are pretty cute. (Dude buddy is known for stripping! STRIPPING! I lol'ed so hard.)

When I started watching it all I could think of was Final Fantasy Guilds! + Slayers. hehe.
:mrgreen: :up: Fullbuster Gray is a reason why I chose to look into it. I read through the posts, it doesn't look like Fairy Tail is getting any justice l=
I'm reading the manga, but right now I like the anime better. I was hoping someone would give more support for the anime >-> since were AMV editors..ya no such luck xD I might like the manga more later down the road, once I'm past at least half of it.

Gray is totally my favourite ~!

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:59 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:So is this going to be one of those really long running shows or do we know yet?
I would assume so considering the animation looks pretty cheap; it definitely looks like A-1 Pictures and Satelite were holding back in most of the episodes, and not to mention the manga is still ongoing. Granted in episode 6 it seemed most of the budget were concentrated on Ezra's transformation sequences and her being total badass. :lol:
ImageImage

OllieFo
Org Profile

Post by OllieFo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:33 am

Well, the manga is great, and the anime seems rly good so far. You totally get sucked in when they do their kickass scenes. But man, each time Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Erza!, Does any kind of ability, you get thrown into some kind of cutscene, as if it was a game. It was cool the first 2 episodes, but it's going to get old rly soon. I don't see people liking this 50 episodes + :/

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:39 am

angelx03 wrote:
ZephyrStar wrote:So is this going to be one of those really long running shows or do we know yet?
I would assume so considering the animation looks pretty cheap; it definitely looks like A-1 Pictures and Satelite were holding back in most of the episodes, and not to mention the manga is still ongoing. Granted in episode 6 it seemed most of the budget were concentrated on Ezra's transformation sequences and her being total badass. :lol:
I would assume so also, for the reasong angelx03 already said, plus the manga is pretty far and still running. unless they do a souleater on us and totally change up the ending, which i'm kinda hoping they don't since the manga gets realy bada$$ in the later chapters.

@michelle: Anime is still in the begining chapters where they havn't really started much yet, so I expect the anime to pickups more love when it realy gets into the good chapters.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Current arc is pretty interesting, since its dealing with Grey's past, and in the last few episodes we find out what got him into the stripping habbit :lol:

Zero Phoenix
Org Profile

Post by Zero Phoenix » Thu May 13, 2010 10:05 am

I've been watching and reading Fairy Tail for a couple months now and I really like it, although the manga is better as one might expect. Even if one is turned off by the anime itself, I'd still recommend the manga.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:15 pm

The manga is definitely interesting :up:
Spoiler :
Ep 39: Jellal's magic strangely reminds me of DBZ.... :rofl:

sportsgirl1391
Org Profile

Post by sportsgirl1391 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:43 pm

I hate waiting for new episodes to come out. lol. But has anyone heard about the english dubbed of this show yet?

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”