Kimi ni Todoke

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Kimi ni Todoke

Postby Bakadeshi » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:23 am

After eps5 didn't exactly clear up anything yet, but instead ended at an evil clifhanger, I got impatient and read some of the manga.

All i will say without spoiling anything is, man I love this series :O Usually shoujo types tend to put more emphasis in the males character, but I have to say Sawako is one of the most likeable female leads in a shoujo series I've seen or read yet.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck

Postby guy07 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:55 am

CAT FIGHT!!

Guess who the black cat is? Oh ya, Sawako is opening up a can of whoop ass!!!

Well, maybe not ... but that would sure make the anime more interesting.
guy07

Postby EkaCoralian » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:13 pm

D'aw. D: Rent-- I mean... Yoshida seems to cry a lot, doesn't she? D: This was a great episode. ^^
Here's hoping Sawako punches someone from that group out. :DD
EkaCoralian

Postby ZephyrStar » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:18 am

That would be terrific. I want to see her poon somebody.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby jesskely » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:26 am

Nice animation..can you share it process with us.
jesskely

Postby EvaFan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:57 am

Admittedly seeing her use her fists was what I wanted at first but it would of been way out of character for her. Not to mention it was probably spur of the moment reaction of what I would of done not her.

Spoiler :
After watching that short skit in the beginning of her past, found myself hoping otherwise. I had a feeling she was thinking like this all along when she responded in the classrom. though I was slightly off. My thought was: What do you call someone whos more precious to you then a friend but less then a lover. There's nothing wrong with loving someone just emotionally. Damnit she's just so kawaii, freaking overload.

Ep5:

Words cannot describe it. First time I've teared up watching an anime in a while and this isn't even really a drama anime. Just goes to show how well the relationships between the characters are playing out in this story. Nice curve ball thrown into this romance anime to say the least.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson
EvaFan

Postby Willen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:23 am

It took all of my manliness to not have water come out of my eyes. Darn this show.

Although, just like Kazehaya, I was struck down by Sawako's smile as she went of with Yoshida and Yano to get lunch. Seriously.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

Postby Otohiko » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:02 am

I highly approve of all this + manlytears ;____;

It's really a whole lot of mostly-nothing happening reeeeaaaally slowly, but I absolutely love every minute of it. It's feel-good in a way no other series has been for me in a damn long time :P
Otohiko

Postby EkaCoralian » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:43 pm

I'm surprised I didn't start falling apart emotionally during that episode. o_o;; It was quite good, nonetheless.
I spotted some volumes of the manga the other day and was tempted to buy it, but I didn't want to spoil myself. xD;;
EkaCoralian

Postby guy07 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:14 am

this thread is full of women in disguise. :amv:
guy07

Postby Bakadeshi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:49 am

That scene in the manga had a bit more of impact for me, since he anime kinda threw in a bit more comic releif in that scene, but overall very well done scene. I had to fight back the tears twice! even though I impatiently read the manga first, the anime still had me wet-eyed ;p interestingly that little flashback scene at the begining of the eps wasn't in the manga. (either that or it wasn't used at that particular part of the story and i just forgot about it) Reading over the parts that already aired, there are subtle changes between the manga and the anime, and I think overall the anime does a slightly better job at portraying the story so far overall. It could just be because the actors can bring to life the feelings more accurate though. Still its rare that I like an anime adaption of a manga at least as much as the manga, let alone better. :up:
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck

Postby ZephyrStar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:30 am

This is sooooo good ;_;
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby guy07 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:44 pm

That was a very .... shiny episode. I guess that would be a good way to describe it ...
guy07

Postby EkaCoralian » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:06 pm

Episode 7 was nice and cheerful. ^_^ I loved how eccentric Kazehaya's brother was to answer his phone. XD
Whoever voices Sawako takes in a huge breath whenever she speaks. o_0 I mean, I know she's putting on this kind, innocent, "I'm learning about friendship" voice, but she could hold back on the intonation of her voice a little bit sometimes. It only changes when she's surprised, really.
Otherwise, great episode. :up:
EkaCoralian

Postby Willen » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:30 am

I couldn't stop smiling while watching this episode.

Highlights:

Sawako's parents were amusing.

Yoshida marches the girls straight to Ryuu's room after their meal. You go girl.

Kazehaya gets tricked and doesn't mind.

Yano and Yoshida were having a bit too much fun. Not that I mind, though.

Ryuu is a cool cat. :up:
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion