Kimi ni Todoke

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Re: Kimi ni Todoke

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:23 am

After eps5 didn't exactly clear up anything yet, but instead ended at an evil clifhanger, I got impatient and read some of the manga.

All i will say without spoiling anything is, man I love this series :O Usually shoujo types tend to put more emphasis in the males character, but I have to say Sawako is one of the most likeable female leads in a shoujo series I've seen or read yet.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:55 am

CAT FIGHT!!

Guess who the black cat is? Oh ya, Sawako is opening up a can of whoop ass!!!

Well, maybe not ... but that would sure make the anime more interesting.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:13 pm

D'aw. D: Rent-- I mean... Yoshida seems to cry a lot, doesn't she? D: This was a great episode. ^^
Here's hoping Sawako punches someone from that group out. :DD

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:18 am

That would be terrific. I want to see her poon somebody.

jesskely
Org Profile

Post by jesskely » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:26 am

Nice animation..can you share it process with us.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:57 am

Admittedly seeing her use her fists was what I wanted at first but it would of been way out of character for her. Not to mention it was probably spur of the moment reaction of what I would of done not her.
Spoiler :
After watching that short skit in the beginning of her past, found myself hoping otherwise. I had a feeling she was thinking like this all along when she responded in the classrom. though I was slightly off. My thought was: What do you call someone whos more precious to you then a friend but less then a lover. There's nothing wrong with loving someone just emotionally. Damnit she's just so kawaii, freaking overload.

Ep5:

Words cannot describe it. First time I've teared up watching an anime in a while and this isn't even really a drama anime. Just goes to show how well the relationships between the characters are playing out in this story. Nice curve ball thrown into this romance anime to say the least.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:23 am

It took all of my manliness to not have water come out of my eyes. Darn this show.

Although, just like Kazehaya, I was struck down by Sawako's smile as she went of with Yoshida and Yano to get lunch. Seriously.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:02 am

I highly approve of all this + manlytears ;____;

It's really a whole lot of mostly-nothing happening reeeeaaaally slowly, but I absolutely love every minute of it. It's feel-good in a way no other series has been for me in a damn long time :P
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:43 pm

I'm surprised I didn't start falling apart emotionally during that episode. o_o;; It was quite good, nonetheless.
I spotted some volumes of the manga the other day and was tempted to buy it, but I didn't want to spoil myself. xD;;

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:14 am

this thread is full of women in disguise. :amv:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”