Kimi ni Todoke

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Kimi ni Todoke

Post by Otohiko » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:12 am

I hope shit doesn't get too serious. The development here is really going at a snail's pace, but honestly, Sadako's slowness is part of her goodness. I like that so far, instead of slipping into the usual drastic "Believe in yourself!"/"Be yourself!"/"Let other people act for you!" trap that a lot of this stuff falls into, Sadako is just naturally and slowly adjusting herself. She's a little too emotional about it sometimes, but otherwise she's really easy to sympathise with. Mega-drama might ruin it >__>
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:47 pm

Truths. She'll be that much more awesome of a character if she's able to fend off that stuff without relying on the guy to do it for her :|

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:38 pm

Annndd here comes the drama. :D

Did she say 100 men .... my god. She gets around. What's her number again? :ying:

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:20 am

This is fast falling under the typical Guy-is-too-perfect-always-there-to-save-girl-and-say-exactly-the-right-things-all-the-time trap that most shojo anime gets caught up in. Not that thats particularly a bad thing, I guess some people like an escape from reality in their anime ;p still, I for one rather the guy be a little more realistic myself. Mitsuru Adachi's characters for example have a very good balance of guys who are cool in subtle ways, yet still sometimes make mistakes. Thats what I love about his mangas the most.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:15 am

Actually I think it's refreshing that the guy in this case is just as shy about being around her as she is him. And that she's TOTALLY oblivious to it. I hope for the best. This show makes me feel all melty with romantic ooze. I wuv it.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:47 am

Moonlight Soldier wrote:Actually I think it's refreshing that the guy in this case is just as shy about being around her as she is him. And that she's TOTALLY oblivious to it. I hope for the best. This show makes me feel all melty with romantic ooze. I wuv it.
True, I do like that about him. (though it does get a bit too cheesy at times, maybe just slightly overdone). And he does seem to be hinting about something in his past, or maybe something he is hiding, gives me that impression when he keeps saying hes "not really refeshing" and has the look like hes thinking about something....

Anyways we shall see ;p

And eps 3:
Spoiler :
Considering her personality If I was those girls I would find it pretty hard to beelive Sawako would spread those rumors.... I predict they will side with sawako on this one.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:14 am

Sooo...she stays hidden a bit longer.
Spoiler :
Girls are scary .__. I find myself wondering now what the reactions will be of the two friend girls. They seemed to buddy up to Sadako pretty quickly, which I found just a hair suspicious. Hopefully their intentions as her friends hold up and they don't believe that garbage :/

gixmi
Org Profile

Post by gixmi » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm

hmnn popular boy makes contact and the girl is thankful. :D

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:24 pm

Sawako is a idiot. She is digging her own grave here. She's sure got a strange way of thinking ...

SapphireStar26
Org Profile

Post by SapphireStar26 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:25 pm

Sawako really has a way of totally misreading things xD Kazehaya getting all blushy and embarrassed around her was way cute tho >O<

I've read what there is of the manga so far tho, so I'm hoping this rumors arc gets concluded in the next episode and the animators don't try to drag it out x3
-insert clever phrase here-

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”