Rules and Request Thread (read 1st before posting) 07/15/09

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Otohiko
Org Profile

Rules and Request Thread (read 1st before posting) 07/15/09

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:14 am

Welcome to the Series Discussion forum!

The purpose of this forum is for the discussion of specific anime series, movies and one-shot OVAs. Second or subsequent seasons of shows should still be discussed under the same thread (EDIT: Unless the episode count starts over, as in the case of Jubei-chan versus Jubei-chan 2). Spoiler tags are still a courtesy, but because of the nature of this section, a user should not be crucified if they forget. If you mess up spoiler tags, feel free to let a mod know.

Try to avoid posts that are simply one liners with no explanations or posts composed of just smiley faces. Discussion, review and speculation are all good things. Killing, derailing or bumping threads is not.

Users may not make new threads in this forum. If you would like a series discussion added, please post your request in this topic. [Addendum 04/06/2012: As a general rule, the TV shows (bar kid shows) which start every season will automatically be getting a thread without the need to request it.] Any general series discussions from the General Anime forum will be either moved here, or merged with existing series discussion threads.

The rules for this forum are as follows:
  1. Do not ask where to find/obtain/buy/trade/procure/download anime in here. This forum is for the discussion about the anime itself and not where/how to get it. Posts of this nature will be removed and/or edited and doing so may incur a ban of no less than 24 hours and possibly longer depending on the nature of the violation.
  2. Use the most proper grammar, spelling and punctuation you can. If English is your first language, you have no excuse for not doing so. It's hard to have a meaningful discourse when you can't understand what people are saying.
  3. Have fun! Just so long as it's not at someone else's expense.
Additional rules may be added as needed. Check the date in the thread title to see if there has been an update.

The rest of this thread shall be used for requesting the creation of series threads. You may also request that an existing thread be made as the official series thread (from either this section or General Anime). Please check for existing threads using the forum search function - be sure to select "Anime Series Discussion" and check "Display Results As: Topics" for accurate results. Also be patient when requesting new threads as a moderator will have to add them manually.

There is no autolock in this section, so you may pick up on discussion of a series even if it has been inactive for a long time. [The only caveat is that there used to be autolock in this forum before, so you will find that some of the oldest discussions are locked. I suggest requesting a new thread for these, if you wish to discuss the same series].
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: Rules and Request Thread (read 1st before posting) 07/15/09

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:17 am

Just thought I'd give the forum a bit of a fresh start with a quick rule update. Be aware that I've now eliminated the "Table of Contents" from the forum because experience showed that people actually weren't using it and it was more trouble to maintain than it was worth. Please use the "search" function on the forums to look for series threads in this forum now.

I've wiped out earlier requests - if there were some that weren't fulfilled, please feel free to ask here again, I'll keep an eye out for them from now on.

Thanks and keep up the discussion!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:36 am

Pandora Hearts please...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:34 am

i've got a couple series to suggest, do i just list the names here or do i make the opening posts? i can do either.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:14 am

Jasta85 wrote:i've got a couple series to suggest, do i just list the names here or do i make the opening posts? i can do either.
Just list the name of the series.

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:21 pm

can we get a nogizaka haruka 2 thread

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Dar wrote:can we get a nogizaka haruka 2 thread
search said there wasn't a thread for season one and considering how the 2nd season is a continuation of the same plot, I just made a single thread for both of 'em.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:46 pm

can pls to have Nyan Koi threds?

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Kimi ni todoke! Please~

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Bakadeshi wrote:Kimi ni todoke! Please~
I could swear i just checked the first page for this thread before requesting this, and lo and behold, its the very first thread on the page >.> (shoulda used search i guess)

Ignore this request ;p

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”