Monogatari Series

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Bakemonogatari

Postby Bakadeshi » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:52 pm

This series is quite epic, been following it since eps 3 aired. I'm with Oto on being a fan of the blunt (former)weightless sarcastic girl since eps 1 :lol: :O gotta say shes one of the more unique and interesting characters I've seen in anime in a while.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck

Postby LivingFlame » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:31 am

angelx03 wrote:On another note, every time Suruga is in that evil hoodie outfit, I'm reminded of Taokaka from that new fighting game BlazBlue.

Same thing I thought the first time I saw her.
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby Taite » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:16 pm

People keep saying it's epic. I'm trying to get into it, because I've liked the artwork since the first episode. But I'm stuck on the third episode.
I'll have to catch up tonight, and see if it gets better for me. All this "Episode 8 was great!" and all these spoiler pics are tempting, so I'm convinced it will get better for me.
Image Image
Taite

Postby LivingFlame » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Admittedly, this is probably one of those love it or hate it shows.

I love it. And so do a lot of others, it seems.
... yea ...
LivingFlame

Postby mirkosp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:10 pm

This one's especially for Pas since I know he luvs her. :3
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby angelx03 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:14 pm

I have one thing to say about Episode 9:

:cry: :cry:

There's nothing more beautiful than a guy and his lesbian friend ogling over a half-naked little girl!
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby Vivaldi » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:38 pm

angelx03 wrote:There's nothing more beautiful than a guy and his lesbian friend ogling over a half-naked little girl!

I always wondered if the "gay is a girl's best friend" trope worked in reverse.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist

Postby guy07 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:01 pm

I didn't think this would turn into a harem .... but somehow it seems to be going in that direction. lol
guy07

Postby mirkosp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Spoiler :

First thing that came to my mind as soon as I saw that scene while watching the episode. Seems like it wasn't just an impression.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby OmniStrata » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:41 pm

mirkosp wrote:

First thing that came to my mind as soon as I saw that scene while watching the episode. Seems like it wasn't just an impression.

I don't believe that's a coincidence.

Seems the wackos @ SHAFT do have a very awesome sense of humor...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
OmniStrata

Postby angelx03 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:28 am

Argh!!!! SHAFT ran out of budget in episode 10 and pulled that same stunt they did when they did those few episodes of Tsukuyomi ~ Moon Phase! :x

You're better off waiting for DVD versions because the emotional impact was nearly incomprehensible.
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby Vivaldi » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:59 am

angelx03 wrote:Argh!!!! SHAFT ran out of budget in episode 10 and pulled that same stunt they did when they did those few episodes of Tsukuyomi ~ Moon Phase! :x

SHAFT had a budget?
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist

Postby guy07 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:23 pm

Spoiler :
BLACK?!?!?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- :evil:

EDIT: Does this mean we've all been SHAFTed?
guy07

Postby EvaFan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:32 am

Is episode 10 really that bad? A part of me wants to watch it and a part of me wants to wait :amv: . If its not horrid then I'll just watch it but would rather get an opinion first.

And what the hell at this having a budget. EPICNESS CANNOT BE CONSTRAINED BY A BUDGET. No seriously, why is this being budgeted? It's clear they are going to make a ton of money off this after its finished assuming they dont half ass the ending... Unless they plan to make a movie in reparation later... Cause this is like the NGE of the romance/supernatural categories.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson
EvaFan

Postby mirkosp » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:16 am

It's not a budget issue. It's a lack of animators issue. Since they don't have enough staff, they don't have the time to meet the deadlines, so either they delay the episodes, or fill in with those things. There is also the assumption that the DVD and BRD releases will be finished and polished.
mirkosp
MODkip

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion