Monogatari Series

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Bakemonogatari

Postby Pas » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:52 am

Reaction faces. Yuri. Vampire loli. Discussion about panties.

I simply couldn't ask for more from this show. Brilliant.
Pas
のヮの

Postby EvaFan » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:06 pm

The part with the books was epic. That is all.

/throws books in slow-mo.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson
EvaFan

Postby ZephyrStar » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:43 pm

So much epic, epic win. Show of the season.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Ishbalan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:30 pm

5 new Bakemonogatari doujins just released on FAKKU.
Ishbalan

Postby AaronAMV » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:53 pm

episode 8 was awesome
AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach

Postby mirkosp » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:48 pm

AaronAMV wrote:episode 8 was awesome

THIS.

Watched it after a Macross Frontier marathon so I had like high expectations in order to enjoy it. I was blown away anyway.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby OmniStrata » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Never seen a fight that epic since fist of the north star, I shit you not...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
OmniStrata

Postby Minimoto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:16 pm

I can't remember any other anime where a guy was thrown using his internal organs as a rope. But still, what a sappy way to end it, though I half expected it that way. I REALLY REALLY want to see the part where Araragi was turned into a vampire, it looks epic.

Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.
Minimoto

Postby angelx03 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Obviously the best moment of episode 9 is this:

And DAMN this episode is not for the upset stomach! :x
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby guy07 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 pm

So he's going to be friends with the woman who loves his girlfriend and tried to kill him ....? Regardless of what they said, I don't see this ending well ... >.>;

But I still love this episode. I mean, he got spun around via his intestines. You don't see win like that everyday, folks! lol
guy07

Postby EvaFan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:09 am

For some reason, a sharp nerve of pain ran through me when I saw his hand after the hit he blocked. The twirling with the organ didn't get to me but that hand limping there like it was just... ack... Reminded me of my friends motorcycle accident.

Ya, pretty epic fight episode. I assumed the wish could be broke with logic but didn't think it would make the devil go away.

You know your pathetic when your girlfriend saves you in a fight with another girl. hahaha :P

Naw just messin, this is another story. I wonder if later we will get to see ararararagi-sempai regain some vampire powers in order to fight someone or atleast let us see senjo in action. She used to be an ace on the track team so she's probably got alot of fight in those legs. Not to mention the many weapons she somehow stores under her clothes... ... :twisted:
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson
EvaFan

Postby angelx03 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:06 am

Anyone who wants to see Koyomi with his full vampire powers just hope SHAFT gets to work on Kizumonogatari which dealt with that incident (which I can see happening considering this became quite a hit for fans); it is also a prequel of Bakemonogatari. And I don't know if you guys noticed but the very first OP actually showed glimpses of Kizumonogatari.
ImageImage
angelx03

Postby guy07 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:59 am

Kizumonogatari? Tell me more. :D
guy07

Postby Minimoto » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:01 pm

guy07 wrote:Kizumonogatari? Tell me more. :D

Just Wiki the light novels.

Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.
Minimoto

Postby angelx03 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:58 pm

On another note, every time Suruga is in that evil hoodie outfit, I'm reminded of Taokaka from that new fighting game BlazBlue.
ImageImage
angelx03

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion