Monogatari Series

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Re: Bakemonogatari

Post by LeapofFate » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:20 am

This show keeps blowing me away after each episode.

I really enjoyed the interactions between Araragi and Senjougahara while they were having a study session.
Spoiler :
Araragi: Who are you, my mom?
Senjougahara: Mom? What do you mean?
*small pause*
Senjougahara: I'm your lover, right?
*Araragi faints*
Classic.

The last minute was just br0000000tal /end sarcasm
Spoiler :

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 am

Pretty bloody cliffhanger at the end of episode 6. :shock:

And now we wait 2 weeks of the next new episode. :twisted:
ImageImage

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:00 pm

I want it now! Most of it is talking and the scene doesn't change very much... so I don't get why I think this show is so interesting... I really wonder? But Senjougahara kicks ass in every episode and Hanekawa is a freakin' fountain of wisdom.
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 pm

Arararararagi-san

A lot happened in episode 6, seriously, they done a nice job shuffling through all the characters like they did. And boy, that last part caught me totally off-guard, did not see that coming.

Now to endure a long-ass wait for the next episode :x

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:17 pm

Indeed, that's gonna suck to wait...

And yep, although I'm not usually prone to these things, Ararararagi-san has totally moe'd me over.

It also looks like I was slightly wrong on yet another point last week....
Spoiler :
Looks like they're definitely acknowledging the relationship, if not in action then certainly in speaking - at least on Senjougahara's part. It was also nice to see Hanekawa giving advice to him as regards to Senjougahara being a girlfriend, and him taking it appropriately. Down with stupid denial in pseudo-couples that are obviously hot for each other!

Here's to hoping this pairing actually lasts. Though we can probably expect drama ahead.
LeapofFate wrote: I really enjoyed the interactions between Araragi and Senjougahara while they were having a study session.
Spoiler :
Araragi: Who are you, my mom?
Senjougahara: Mom? What do you mean?
*small pause*
Senjougahara: I'm your lover, right?
*Araragi faints*
LOL, what did I say about this show being pure Freud? >__>

Another great ep. The series is totally the best thing on right now. Everyone go watch it.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:33 pm

God, that ending caught me completely off guard too.
Spoiler :
I thought he was getting brutalized by Taokaka of BlazBlue fame for a moment there. >___>;
Two weeks now? ;_;

P.S. Hachikuji is far too adorable. X3
... yea ...

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:29 am

Haha, loved that episode. It has violence, yuri, cuteness, smart-assery and possibly cake.

Man, I don't know how he stands Sen-chan ... she can be a real bitch sometimes. Er, most of the time. lol

Ya, that's right. I called her Sen-chan. So what?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm

guy07 wrote:Ya, that's right. I called her Sen-chan. So what?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:41 pm

I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN IT! PLEASE FORGIVE ME! :(

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:50 am

...?

I'm gonna have to go ahead and say "Sen-chan" is ok in small doses but if I had to deal with someone like her day after day, I'd consider suicide/murder first (Ok not rly but you get my point). She's mentally exhausting.

There’s a difference between watching someone dealing with her in an anime (the character interactions are fun to watch) and ACTUALLY DEALING WITH HER.

Now... Hanekawa is another story, though she apparently has problems we dont know about yet.

Just my 2cents...

All so, episode 6 was win, though they could of made the assailant’s identity less obvious some how... :|
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”