Monogatari Series

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Monogatari Series

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 pm

ep 5,

awww yea, that's what i'm talking about, series is finally getting back on track. damnit araragi, why are you acting so cool, you're supposed to be perverted and stupid. good mini arc to start off the season, but I really want the humor to return.

And i'm still trying to get used to all the changing hairstyles, all of the girls with long hair cut their hair and all the girls with short hair grew theirs out.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:14 am

Just caught up. Great episode! I love Hanekawa's character, and this was a sweet ending to her arc. Plus that letter writing scene in the beginning was just beautiful. Those transitions man :up: :up: Shaft never fails to surprise me with their animation prowess.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:05 am

Dammit, I hate recaps. :down: What was the point of Nekomonogatari if they just shoved the whole thing in one episode?

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 pm

yep, I don't like recaps either, although this is somewhat understandable since it was an OVA and not on TV. Wish they had given a decent preview as to what the next ep will have

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Shinobu done goofed.

Watching Doctor Who really came in handy here not getting confused when they were talking about the timey-wimey stuff. But I really like this set-up for Hachikuji's arc.Though her death happens 10 years in the past iirc, so maybe they'll have to stay in the past for a whole year. But other than that I REALLY freaking hope we see chibi cast members. TINY SENJOUGAHARA PLEASE AND THANK YOU. :ying:

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:04 am

yea, araragi/shinobu action, hnnnnng, and schoolgirl shinobu with glasses Image

only araragi would go back in time to help one little girl and end up sexually harassing all the little girls he runs into. I also love how he carries Shinobu around all the time

This is what I've been waiting for since this season started. I'm really liking this new arc, can't wait for the next ep

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 pm

I feel like making a Heroes reference.
Spoiler :
Save the cheerleader, save the world. Save the Hachikuji......and everything gets destroyed.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:25 pm

so, I let the series run on a bit and finally caught up with ep 10, and I have mixed feelings about it
Spoiler :
Was interesting seeing the alternate world with adult Hachikuji and Shinobu. However I felt ep 10 went too smoothly though, I was expecting them to have to fight adult Shinobu, but she so easily accepted the fact that they were the good future she had missed out on and helped them out, it felt like the climax to the whole arc was missing. I felt really sad when Shinobu just asked for a pat on the head before she died. So damn depressing.

Anyway, it seems Shinobu and Araragi are completely on good terms now. Their relationship has come a long way since season 1 where she just sat in a corner all day without saying anything.
I really want to see Kizumonogatari, it's date kept on being pushed back, originally supposed to come out august this year, then it was listed for fall, might have been pushed back again since then

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:09 pm

Oh man, I'm into this new arc.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:08 am

Great episode this week, this continues to be my favorite arc. Though it seems it'll be ending in the next episode most likely. :cry:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”