Umineko no Naku Koro ni

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Re: Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:45 pm

guy07 wrote:
Full Metal Sempai wrote:Nope,he's a boy.You know,the classic bishonen guys who make anime girls scream "kyah,he's so cool".
I think you mean "Kya! He's so gay!" lol
fixed now

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Someone was nice enough to translate the episode summaries up to episode 5 which are found in the official website:

ImageImage

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:43 pm

Well hell, I could do that: They all died. :amv:

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:49 pm

guy07 wrote:Well hell, I could do that: They all died. :amv:
Spoiler :
Except, possibly, the children, since they went missing. Never says what happens to them, although it is mentioned that a piece of Maria's jaw was found and identified some time later. That should make some people very happy indeed.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Is it wrong that i cheer every time i watch maria get slapped around ....? I'm going to hell. lol

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:26 pm

Episode 8 a.k.a. Episode 2-3, oh shit we actually have an action-packed episode (along with some inconsistent censorship)! :shock:
Spoiler :
We finally get to see Kanon be a total bishie badass by taking on goat butlers while protecting Jessica! :lol:

Unfortunately they met their demise when Beatrice summoned 2 of the Seven Stakes of Purgatory which were Lust (also named Asmodeus) and Wrath (also named Satan). Those two were personified as cute, sexy girls, and when they transformed into their stakes, you'll realize the Seven Stakes of Purgatory were responsible for the deaths in the first arc.

(and on another note, the voices who did Lust and Wrath also did Yui and Mio from K-ON! respectively! :lol: )
Unlike the first arc,
Spoiler :
the perpetrator of the murders were far more blatant this time. This also introduced the "red truth" which I suggest reading up on here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85382
This is a very, VERY different ballgame from Higurashi, and I'm liking this so far!
ImageImage

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:04 pm

re. ep 9
Spoiler :
I guess the way the episodes are ending lately are the way Beatrice wants the everyone to see it and it is Battler's job to explain it without the use of magic. If so, it will be interesting to see how the ending of this episode can be explained considering there were supposedly witnesses... The epitaph doesn't seem to fit the two deaths in this episode (Or Jessica's death in the last episode for that matter since she got stabbed in the back rather than the head or something...) The situation with the servants (3 alive, 2 dead) seems to fit with the wolf and sheep discussion which I'm sure will rile up Rosa...

Also, butterflies and spider webs... reminds me of Trigun.

Anyways, what is with Battler's sudden defeatist attitude? imo, there was still a possible explanation. With the evidence and truths presented, it seems probable that the killer and Kanon were still in the room. In a closet, under the bed, that huge wardrobe cabinet in the background of the scene? Though... I guess if Battler were to prove one of the cases too early, it might ruin the show.

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Corran wrote:re. ep 9
Spoiler :
Anyways, what is with Battler's sudden defeatist attitude? imo, there was still a possible explanation. With the evidence and truths presented, it seems probable that the killer and Kanon were still in the room. In a closet, under the bed, that huge wardrobe cabinet in the background of the scene? Though... I guess if Battler were to prove one of the cases too early, it might ruin the show.
Spoiler :
He's conflicted. He wants to pin it on a human culprit, but at the same time he doesn't want to face the possibility that a member of his family is a cold blooded killer. (and he probably doesn't want to think the servants did it either)

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:39 pm

I'm really loosing interest in this series ... it doesn't have the same staying power as higurashi.

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:53 pm

I find it highly amusing that Rie Kugimiya actually plays a busty character for once :ying:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”