07 Ghost

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
SheeGee
Org Profile

07 Ghost

Post by SheeGee » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Anime News Network wrote:Set in a gothic fantasy world, this is the story of Teito Klein, an orphaned slave who became the top military academy student. However, an unexpected turn of events left him pursued by the forces of the Barsburg Empire.

Now an escaping convict, Teito's sheltered by the church and it’s law of sanctuary. Here, he discovered many mysteries surrounding himself, the church, and the Empire itself. The fact that he might be connected to a dethroned king and the mystical stone of god, 'The Eye of Mikhael' made him the target of the empire more than ever.

Fortunately the church is under the mythical 7 Ghost protection. But who are the Ghosts really. Will Teito be free from the military's clutch, And what of his said mission to uncover the history. And who is the military's Chief-of-Staff Ayanami exactly. Teito's future seems to have spiraled into an unexpectedly perilous path.
i've read a bit of the manga for this and ive seen the first episode.

it seems to have a bit of potential but it feels confusing at first. for some reason this kinda reminds me of Code Geass but without the Geass =O

speaking of which, artwork's nice. lots of pretty boys. there is a bit BroMance goin on but i highly doubt its shounen-ai or any of the sort.
Image Image Image

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Re: 07 Ghost

Post by Ishbalan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Haruhiist wrote: for some reason this kinda reminds me of Code Geass but without the Geass =O
Code Geass without the Geass is just Gundam.
What's Gundam without the Gundams?

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:12 pm

Ishbalan wrote: What's Gundam without the Gundams?
World War 2.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

SheeGee
Org Profile

Post by SheeGee » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:22 am

lol :lol:

wel this anime doesnt have mech as far as ive seen. i dont think it was even categorized as a mech.

what i meant by code geass is like the whole enemy of the empire, being connected to the kingand other little things that you'll see that reminded me of code geass...maybe...i dunno just somethin that i thought =P

then again i guess there are other anime like it but code geass was the first thing that popped up
Image Image Image

methedemon
Org Profile

Post by methedemon » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:21 pm

hmm looks good, i think i will watch this one especially if its similar to code geass
PLAN B

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu May 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Saw the first five episodes and I quite like it :D It's interesting and leaves me wondering what's going to happen next.

I shall follow and see where it goes from here :twisted:

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Thu May 07, 2009 5:39 pm

A friend of mine saw this just because DB was subbing it, and now he's goading me into watching it. So, I'll probably check it out sometime in the next few days.
He did say there's a suspicious reak of yaoi tension in the air though. The last time that happened to me was Nabari no Ou, and we all know how that worked out. :evil:

WC Annihilus
Org Profile

Post by WC Annihilus » Thu May 07, 2009 7:56 pm

The main bad thing I have to say about this is that it uses some of the lamest particle effects I've seen in a while

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sat May 16, 2009 3:37 pm

Three episodes in, I drop here. I didn't see anything appealing to me about the show. And I definitely did not make a connection to Code Geass. I just see the same crap that I see everywhere else. I guess I'll just never like shoujo stuff simply because Im a guy. :|

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun May 17, 2009 10:56 am

Ishbalan wrote:Three episodes in, I drop here. I didn't see anything appealing to me about the show. And I definitely did not make a connection to Code Geass. I just see the same crap that I see everywhere else. I guess I'll just never like shoujo stuff simply because Im a guy. :|
Well I think I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't really a shoujo but shonen because of all the action and fighting later :\

Episode 6 was boring and I don't like the way it's going.It would have been much better if they followed the manga :(

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”