Eden of the East

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Eden of the East

Post by Pas » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:50 am

A show that has no doubt flown under most people's radar, Eden of the East will be produced by Production I.G and directed by acclaimed director Kenji Kamiyama. Not only that, but Chika Umino (who was responsible for Honey & Clover) is overseeing the character designs. Haven't convinced you yet? Then just spare 3 minutes of your time to watch the OP and ED, which I have to say are mindblowingly amazing, creative and overall just very nicely executed.

OP: http://tinyurl.com/co9p7c

ED: http://tinyurl.com/d29ch4

"On November 22, 2010 ten missiles strike Japan. However, this unprecedented terrorist act, later to be called as "Careless Monday," does not result in any apparent victims, and is soon forgotten by almost everyone. Then, 3 months later... Saki Morimi is a young woman currently in the United States of America on her graduation trip. But just when she is in front of the White House, Washington DC, she gets into trouble, and only the unexpected intervention of one of her fellow countrymen saves her. However, this man, who introduces himself as Akira Takizawa, is a complete mystery. He appears to have lost his memory. and he is stark naked, except for the gun he holds in one hand, and the mobile phone he's holding with the other hand. A phone that is charged with 8,200,000,000 yen in digital cash."

Amazing OP, equally awesome ED, highly intriguing story, great art and a very strong VA lineup, there's no reason you shouldn't be watching this show. I can safely say that of all the shows airing this season, Eden of the East's first episode was by far the most captivating, and has all but guaranteed my continued following of the series. I just can't praise it enough, even after only one episode.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Re: Eden of the East

Post by Ishbalan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:50 am

Awww, I wanted to make this thread. It's the show I've been most looking forward to this season.
But at least it was you, Pas, and not hasteroth.

Chrono63
Org Profile

Post by Chrono63 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:04 am

Lol Ishbalan. xD
irc wrote:<Keitarou> Man, somebody kill the chara designer for Higashi no Eden. I just hope it won't cater to much to the josei crowd...
---
<Keitarou> Oh, Oasis, what the fuck. O_o
<Keitarou> Needless to say that makes the show instantly more awesome.
So, yeah... :D
Great first ep, nice OP. I don't dislike the character designs at all myself, Saki looks cute. ^^
Laughed at the "I need to see your Johnny" scene and the face Saki makes. :D

Definitely looking forward for more.
I dare you challenge me.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Ohhh, I'm getting The Borne Identity vibes out that guy who names himself Akira Takizawa, and I LOVE that movie! It's kinda of intriguing how the characters designs from Honey and Clover actually fits in this scenario. I'll keep my eyes peeled on this one.
ImageImage

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:12 pm

My local anime club will be watching this next semester...but
Pas wrote:Not only that, but Chika Umino (who was responsible for Honey & Clover) is overseeing the character designs.
Character designs for Honey & Clover are horrible imo (it's the faces that get me. Mile-wide mouths + eyes that are waaaaay too far apart is just hard to look at)
*cringes whenever he sees that awful little girl from H&C*

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:18 pm

Goes to watch first ep.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Would it be bad if you said who's subbing this?

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:08 pm

This seemed a little weird at first but it seems interesting. Also, I loved Honey and Clover so I can't wait to see how the art is Incorporated in this anime.
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:54 pm

that's so crazy that they used oasis to do the op. That and the typography in the op made it pretty badass O:

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:32 am

This'll probably be the only anime ill be following this season. First episode was pretty cool, and the main characters are so cute *o*
Image ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”