Natsu no Arashi!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Natsu no Arashi!

Post by Pas » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:48 am

Before anyone says it, yes I know what you're thinking.

But for those of you who can get their heads around the change in art style and actually watch it, what did you think of it? With SHAFT fronting the animation and a fairly good VA lineup I think it's safe to say we can expect something good from this series, especially as it deals with time travel and the many paradoxes involved in such a feat.

As for myself, it took me all of 7 minutes into the first episode before I finally got used to (or rather, just didn't care) about the art style and started appreciating the story. The second half of the episode really picked up once they got more involved with traveling between different places and times of the day, and by the end I was so engrossed in what was happening I really just forgot to care about the fact that there was nothing really all too important going on, other than introducing the cast of characters.

The show has potential to be great, but I'm getting the feeling most people won't pick this up simply because the art throws them off. As for myself, I'll be following it until SHAFT give me a good reason not to.

P.S I love the ED for this, the music is really nice.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Re: Natsu no Arashi!

Post by Ishbalan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:54 am

I'd read some bad reviews about this show, but I'll check it out if SHAFT is involved.

ScorpionP
Org Profile

Post by ScorpionP » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:18 am

I didn't mind art style at all. In fact, both that and animation looked pretty good to me. But unfortunately, I found it to be pretty boring, so unless the 2nd ep convinces me it's worth watching, I'll most likely drop it.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:09 am

I was also pretty bored at the first episode. I was able to predict all of the timetwist-involving plot-points pretty easily. I could see Shaft's hand in the Op and Ed, but I didn't find them as enjoyable as I usually do their work. I got used to the animation without too much difficulty, but that doesn't help the fact that the show is still pretty stale.

I can't think of any part of it I rather enjoyed. I think I'll just drop here.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:19 pm

I'll go ahead and watch ep 1. Not expecting much thouygh. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”