Saki

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Saki

Post by hasteroth » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Lol a show about a mahjong club. Quite funny.
Spoiler :
They're right you know. It's damn near impossible to get +-0 three times in a row.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Re: Saki

Post by Pas » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:33 pm

To be honest I was pretty disappointed. Had high expectations seeing as I was a fan of the manga (and still am) but the pacing totally blew me off. Random stretches of silence between their conversations making it kind of awkward, animation quality wasn't top-notch but it was ok. They managed to cover the first 2 chapters of the manga fairly nicely.

I'll probably give it a few more episodes to see how things go, but I'm expecting more from them. They have a lot to live up to in terms of Mahjong anime, if you know what I mean.

Also, gravity-defying boobies. That is all.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:37 pm

Pas wrote:To be honest I was pretty disappointed. Had high expectations seeing as I was a fan of the manga (and still am) but the pacing totally blew me off. Random stretches of silence between their conversations making it kind of awkward, animation quality wasn't top-notch but it was ok. They managed to cover the first 2 chapters of the manga fairly nicely.

I'll probably give it a few more episodes to see how things go, but I'm expecting more from them. They have a lot to live up to in terms of Mahjong anime, if you know what I mean.

Also, gravity-defying boobies. That is all.
lol yeah.

I haven't read the manga yet. i think I'll check it out.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Ishbalan wrote:I was thinking about making a Saki thread in General Anime but decided against it for the reasons that I didn't think there were many mahjong fans on the Org, and that the show is such a copy of Akagi but with every speck of manliness drained out of it, I really couldn't think of much good to say about it.
You should watch Akagi, hasteroth. It'll make your balls drop sooner.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:11 pm

Ishbalan wrote:
Ishbalan wrote:I was thinking about making a Saki thread in General Anime but decided against it for the reasons that I didn't think there were many mahjong fans on the Org, and that the show is such a copy of Akagi but with every speck of manliness drained out of it, I really couldn't think of much good to say about it.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:14 pm

o.O;

That has something to do with Mahjong?
... yea ...

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Pas wrote:
Ishbalan wrote:
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/aaab6d4c94.png
*goes to watch Akagi*
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:47 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:
Pas wrote:
Ishbalan wrote:You should watch Akagi, hasteroth. It'll make your balls drop sooner.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/aaab6d4c94.png
*goes to watch Akagi*
*Falls backwards off chair*

Served more as a deterrent. I like Saki cause it's fun, and light. That's just my taste in anime.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:07 pm

I had a theory once. The theory was that how good an anime is is inversely proportional to how many women there are in said anime (as long as it's now shonen-ai or something gay like that). By this theory, Akagi is the greatest anime of all time because there is not a single female entity in the entire 26-episode show. Not even in the background.

I thank you hasteroth, for you unknowingly brought a show of supreme manliness to the attention of the Org.

This is now an Akagi thread.

Synopsis:
One stormy night, Nangou is playing a game of Mahjong with the local yakuza. Soon, he finds himself on a losing streak. If Nangou loses, he will have to pay with his life. Suddenly, a young teenaged boy, Akagi Shigeru, barges in, drenched from the rain. After watching a couple of games, he offers to replace the struggling Nangou. At that moment, a new legend was born.

I request that a mod change the name of this thread to "Akagi" and move it to Series Discussion.
Who knows what'll happen next? Maybe I'll make a Kaiji thread.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:54 am

Ishbalan wrote:I had a theory once. The theory was that how good an anime is is inversely proportional to how many women there are in said anime (as long as it's now shonen-ai or something gay like that). By this theory, Akagi is the greatest anime of all time because there is not a single female entity in the entire 26-episode show. Not even in the background.

I thank you hasteroth, for you unknowingly brought a show of supreme manliness to the attention of the Org.

This is now an Akagi thread.

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/3898/akagi.jpg

Synopsis:
One stormy night, Nangou is playing a game of Mahjong with the local yakuza. Soon, he finds himself on a losing streak. If Nangou loses, he will have to pay with his life. Suddenly, a young teenaged boy, Akagi Shigeru, barges in, drenched from the rain. After watching a couple of games, he offers to replace the struggling Nangou. At that moment, a new legend was born.

I request that a mod change the name of this thread to "Akagi" and move it to Series Discussion.
Who knows what'll happen next? Maybe I'll make a Kaiji thread.
You are starting to come off as a misogynist.

And I assume that this is a typo: "as long as it's now shonen-ai or something gay like that"? Or does Akagi have shonen-ai (or even yaoi) elements?

And why does every Saki thread have mention of Akagi? Or for that matter, why does every anime series thread bring up comparisons with other anime? Especially those that only have one common factor? Aside from Mahjong, what commonality does Akagi have with Saki?
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”