Queen's Blade Rebellion

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Ishbalan
Org Profile

Queen's Blade Rebellion

Post by Ishbalan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:13 am

AniDB wrote:The Queen's Blade: Rebellion game books serve as a sequel to the original Queen's Blade game books, which are Japanese spinoffs from Flying Buffalo's Lost Worlds game series. In combat picture book games, players simulate turn-based fighting with books that each represent a character.

The story is set four years after the first storyline and revolves around Annelotte, the rebelling knight princess who stands up to the tyranny of the new queen. The Rebellion storyline already inspired two prologue original video anime DVDs that are being bundled with the Queen's Blade Premium Visual Books.
Original post under spoiler:
Spoiler :

A competition to decide the next Queen. The strongest warrior will rule the country and expand it. The contestants need to be older than 12. They need not be human, intelligent or even of that country. The rules for the tournament: murder is allowed. Any weapon can be chosen.

Discussion thread.
I will post my opinions later after I watch it this evening.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Re: Queen's Blade

Post by Willen » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:43 am

I think this is the type of anime that this thread: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... =7&t=93598 was talking about.

Although from the summaries and reviews that I've read about it (you can pretty much guess that I'm gonna pass on watching it), it seems the boobies might be the only possible upside (for some people, anyways) to the show. The general consensus is that it's pretty over-the-top absurd in practically all aspects. The kicker is that you have some high profile voice talent working on the show.

So either this show is going to eventually transcend beyond a T&A show or it's going to wallow in its excesses.

I swear that this show is one step away from being hentai...
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:26 am

Sounds a lot like Ikki Tousen...
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:33 am

This actually makes Ikki Tousen look kinda tame.

Saw ep 1, there's a LOT of topless in it.

However, there are a few people who can put nude ladies aside and find something else perhaps...

[x fingers]

I happen to like the voices and booty fest anyway so here's hoping... lol
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:12 pm

Oh yeah, the exploding acid uh, weapons in ep 1 were also quite humorous.

And as to be expected [or not] this show has a ridiculously high budget (good animation & great VAs) for something as base as the naked woman warrior...

What's more, I'm finding more here in ep 1 than hot booty sex. [for the record, there are no sexual references in the show, no groping and expected lesbian stuff *on screen* in any case. Just nudity that actually has a reason... oddly enough]
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Goddamn it, Japan. I swear I didn't know about the acid-spewing breasts. And from Rie Kugimiya no less. Then they exploded. Goddamn it...

Anyway, this part aside, I didn't see any breasts that just blasted through the boundaries of natural size. This is going to be a fanservice-based anime for sure, with just as many ass-shots as topless scenes, and.........
.........................................................................Um...............................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................................................................
I can't remember where I was going with this.

Anyway, I found an old motivational poster of the game:
Enjoy.

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:40 am

Well that doesn't happen too often. I watched to the half way point, and simply couldn't handle the worse than normal engrish.

Pity the subs display well, but whoever is doing the translating should just quit.

And no, seeing a few totally obvious look at my titties scenes is not going to make this anime work.
It failed as fanservice, and it sure ain't good enough to be soft grade hentai.

I am not going to be watching this one. If you want to watch tittie anime, you can find better choices.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:13 am

Ok.... what the hell was that? She fires the acid with her...? Huh? Wow... either this anime is totally bizarre or I haven't seen enough shows in this genre.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

For those hearing the acid tit comment, and have not seen the show, the 'girl' in question is A. not human, and B. is also a creature that is more blob than creature with a fixed shape. So firing 'acid' out of her 'tits' shouldn't be so weird.

The show is about a contest and is not limited to humans by the way.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Sukunai wrote:For those hearing the acid tit comment, and have not seen the show, the 'girl' in question is A. not human, and B. is also a creature that is more blob than creature with a fixed shape. So firing 'acid' out of her 'tits' shouldn't be so weird.

The show is about a contest and is not limited to humans by the way.
But i's so blatant, even though she isn't human it's still... tits ffs.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”