Ga-Rei Zero

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:37 pm

Ah... I played too much today. There is no time to watch the Ep now :(

Blame Battlefield Bad Company!
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:26 pm

Alright I wached it. Battlefield is still awsome though.
Spoiler :
Well I liked and it got into a pleasent direction, because I was wondering how the series will look like with every day life episodes. It´s fine for me. They showed more of the characters and how they´re conected.

I bet they keep on showing the past for more episodes. Than they switch back to the end of ep 2. In the end I guess ep 1 & 2 is more: "How it will end", like somehow Gungrave or Berserk. The characters of the first ep will come back. Nobody puts in such nice characters without using them again and one of the posters I saw on a anime news network is clearly focused on those characters with the guy with the 2 pistols in the center/front.

The only thing that disapointed me was: Where is my cliffhanger? I just hoped for something awsome. You know it would be so cool if they would´ve switched back to the end of ep 2 to her looking on her cellphone with this pic as background. That would have been nice! But hey, they gave us a catchy song for the credits. Not bag though.

I´ll keep on watching for sure.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:15 am

Just finished episode 3. I'm really loving this now, to the point where I almost don't mind that it's not exactly the same as the manga, since this is filling us in with a lot of back detail that the manga didn't cover.

Also, they introduced yet another character prevalent in the manga series. By now I'm pretty sure I know where this story is going and how it's gonna end up, but I'll have to see if the actions from the first episode have any influence over the anime.

P.S. the credits song was really nice, though I have to wonder why we still haven't seen an OP from this yet (I'm going to assume it's because the characters they want ot show in the OP have not yet appeared yet and thus it would spoil the story)

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:34 am

Bwahahaha, episode 4 has....

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... 29#1188329

...and already people made this comparison! Image

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/3/1 ... 98e9c4.jpg

Though the tagline in the OP sequence..... :cry:
ImageImage

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:23 pm

oh good it looks like they are going to mainstream this part of the story throughout the anime. Good cause I was tired of it jumping around.

Episode 4 was hawt.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:28 am

New Ga-Rei Chapters are out after a whole year or so.....

Kagura and Shizuru <333

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:14 pm

I saw Ep 4: :|

Don´t get me wrong the series is nice, really. I also so some pics of the next ep and it seams to be the same "time". Eh... I want the old crew back! This guy in the first ep, this cute girl with the motorcycle you know? If they switch back into future it´s fine for me, but I do want that it´s set more in the time of the first two eps.

I don´t watch that much anime and I have the feeling that the only reason I keep on watching are the first two eps. If they were not there with there style, mysterie and setting I wouldn´t keep on watching.

Let´s see. All in all it´s not that bad.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:05 pm

Sadly enough i really would of liked an anime over those characters as well. I really hate the fact that they even showed the first 2 episodes in the first place if all they were going to do was die and have no significance on the overall plot. I don't see any benefit or gain from the storyline with these two girls by showing eps of some random other crew dieing, thats for sure.

I'm really annoyed tbh. I was hoping they would be introduced back in.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:16 am

I think Ep2 was necessary to path the way for the rest of the storyline with the two girls. Ep1 might made sense if you read the full manga, I don´t know, but it´s like mocking the viewer. They could have easly leave it out.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:23 am

Bauzi wrote:Ep1 might made sense if you read the full manga
Nope. Read the manga long before the anime was announced but I have no idea why they got rid of BIKE-FU and her crew.

I do recall reading some time ago that the entire first episode was used as a plot device to throw off fans of the manga who were expecting some sort of retelling of the manga plot. I heard that it was used to see people's reactions and also to show people what they are in for is completely different to what they got with the manga. Apparently the original mangaka said that if they wanted to turn Ga-Rei into an anime that it would have to tell a different story than that of the manga, so they spent a few months planning everything out and how the anime would progress. I guess this means that the entire season is already planned and set out, but I'm not sure how reliable the sources are.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”