Emma: A Victorian Romance

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Emma: A Victorian Romance

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:18 pm

I've seen a couple reviews for this, but let me ask those more down to earth and not being paid to say nice things and try to sell it: Anyone here seen it and would recommend it? Basic plot synopsis perhaps?
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Kila_Rose
Org Profile

Post by Kila_Rose » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:24 pm

:idea: oh i read Emma...but not tis one yet! i love it!!! it's sooo cute and..cute! it was about a maid who fell in love with her..boss dude...son of bos dude..yea...HI!!!
Hail the spunk!...if this is also your siggie...i am sorry..i shall change it as soon as i get a message....yea

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Re: Emma: A Victorian Romance

Post by Malificus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:49 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:I've seen a couple reviews for this, but let me ask those more down to earth and not being paid to say nice things and try to sell it: Anyone here seen it and would recommend it? Basic plot synopsis perhaps?
I got the dvds recently, and plan on watching them this weekend. I'll let you know what I thought then. What I have seen was good though.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:11 am

I'd recommend it, cute little story about a maid in Victorian Britain and a New Rich fellow, and developing romance between two social classes.

(I think, it's been years since I've watched this show. But definitely had a good impression of it.)
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Sonydjsnmix
Org Profile

Post by Sonydjsnmix » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:45 pm

Good if you don't mind slow

Rubystars
Org Profile

Re: Emma: A Victorian Romance

Post by Rubystars » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:48 pm

Victorian Romance Emma is one of my favorite anime. I think that it's really cool how you get to see so many details of Victorian life. I'm wondering what the leaves were that Emma threw down to help with sweeping. Was that tea leaves?

Anyway I thought it was really interesting how it showcased the gap between the classes in that era, with William's choices having more consequences than he was counting on.

I couldn't help but think that William didn't quite deserve someone as good as Emma however, because of the way he treated Eleanor Campbell. That made me so angry, to see how he behaved toward Eleanor. I don't think he ever meant to be such a pig but he ended up coming off that way regardless.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”