Macross Frontier

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby Heero_Yuy84 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:31 am

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded the love triangle going unresolved were it not for the fact they put so much of the show into fleshing THAT out.
The rest of the story felt like it got short-changed for the triangle, so to then have them not resolve that just...
*Resident shameless Gundam fanboy*
Heero_Yuy84

Postby Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:38 pm

well shame on me for getting into this show so late in the game, but I'm on eps 10 now and quite enjoying it. wasn't expecting the "princess" like main character though
:lol:
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck

Postby gaunai » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:09 pm

Well... apparently they are making a theatrical movie for Frontier....

might explain the ending being so... abrupt?
gaunai

Postby Shui » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:22 am

I liked Macross Zero, but this shit really looks boring. :?
Shui
Shuitcake

Postby -BL- » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:36 am

Shui wrote:I liked Macross Zero, but this shit really looks boring. :?

You haven't even watched the first episode of Macross F. :|
-BL-

Postby O-Kagachi » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:56 am

This series had some of the most impressive dogfights i've ever seen in anime, hardly what you'd call boring shit :?
O-Kagachi

Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.

Postby LeapofFate » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:13 pm

I lol'd at the ignorant comment.
LeapofFate
The Madvillain

Postby Heero_Yuy84 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:29 am

gaunai wrote:Well... apparently they are making a theatrical movie for Frontier....

might explain the ending being so... abrupt?

I hope that's what they're going for. If the interview that turned up from Kawamori is any indication, this could get interesting (allegedly, his claim for the triangle going unresolved was the fact he didn't like the idea of Alto having to pick one or the other, as opposed to the idea that maybe he got written into a corner.)

This has resulted in some fan communities claiming it's a polygamy ending.

I REALLY hope the writers make a call in the movie. After how much of the series went into fleshing out that triangle, I don't care who gets picked so long as someone does. Hell, even Tenchi had to choose eventually.
*Resident shameless Gundam fanboy*
Heero_Yuy84

Postby Bakadeshi » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:44 pm

O-Kagachi wrote:
This series had some of the most impressive dogfights i've ever seen in anime, hardly what you'd call boring shit :?

.... wow... this series is everything but boring. Never did watch macross zero though, should I?
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck

Postby OropherZero » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:36 pm

Macross Zero was good, but it was weird, they introduced a bunch of mystical crap. Like singing = making rocks float? :/
OropherZero

Re: Macross Frontier

Postby OmniStrata » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:45 am

Definitely liked this anime's ending [fight-wise]

I'm for the argument that the love triangle was definitely an unnecessary waste of time. Think Tenchi Muyo...

Ultimately, I guess the only way Sheryl will get any is in the C75 doujins I'm digging ^_^

Still, great music, great fighting, high quality animation, and a solid ending, good recommendation from me
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
OmniStrata

Postby Flame-X » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:36 am

The reason why the unsolved love triangle is because Alto declared both Sheryl and Ranka as his wings. It didn't bother me much since Macross 7 had a somewhat similar unsolved love triangle.

OmniStrata wrote:I'm for the argument that the love triangle was definitely an unnecessary waste of time. Think Tenchi Muyo...

Uh dude.. Do you know one of the things Macross is well known for? LOVE TRIANGLE!
Flame-X

Postby Full Metal Sempai » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:32 am

Flame-X wrote:The reason why the unsolved love triangle is because Alto declared both Sheryl and Ranka as his wings. It didn't bother me much since Macross 7 had a somewhat similar unsolved love triangle.

OmniStrata wrote:I'm for the argument that the love triangle was definitely an unnecessary waste of time. Think Tenchi Muyo...

Uh dude.. Do you know one of the things Macross is well known for? LOVE TRIANGLE!

Yeah,every Macross series has a triangle.In original Macross and Macross Frontier the love triangle were 2 women and 1 man while the opposite happened in Macross Plus and Macross Zero.Can't talk about Macross 7 as I haven't watched it though.Is it worth the time??

And without the love triangle,there's no spice in Macross series... XD
Full Metal Sempai

Postby Full Metal Sempai » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:35 am

Sorry for double post,no edit button.
Only Macross Plus had 2 men with one woman as a love triangle.My mistake...
Full Metal Sempai

Postby Flame-X » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:12 pm

If you're a big fan of the franchise then yes, Macross 7 is definitely worth the watch.
Check out this site for the info and synopsis. http://www.mahq.net/animation/macross/s ... c7main.htm
Flame-X

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion