Kara no Kyoukai - The Garden of Sinners

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
OmniStrata
Org Profile

Re: Kara no Kyoukai - The Garden of Sinners

Post by OmniStrata » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Just wondering, what makes Shiki Ryougi charming to you?

The psycho sister's air-punch was cute but there's just something.

I don't think it's her figure really... [at least for me]

Perhaps it's the evil aura she emits? ^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:49 am

Sad episode was sad. Guess the next one is the last ....

Wrong thread ... :sweat:

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:38 pm

Just to note the very last Kara no Kyokai movie will be released on DVD at 12/9:

http://www.karanokyoukai.com/dvdz/dv07.html

Interesting to note is that this movie actually clocks at 119 minutes which is longer than the 5th movie! :shock:
ImageImage

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:56 pm

angelx03 wrote:Just to note the very last Kara no Kyokai movie will be released on DVD at 12/9:

http://www.karanokyoukai.com/dvdz/dv07.html

Interesting to note is that this movie actually clocks at 119 minutes which is longer than the 5th movie! :shock:
:awesome: i can't wait i don't mind the length with the new typemoon movies. Because i like their stories and i like the animation so time length = no problem.
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:25 pm

#7 out and subbed.
dloadin nao.

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Ishbalan wrote:#7 out and subbed.
best news ever

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Ahhh, the 7th and final movie is called "Murder Speculation (second half)." And as the final movie, we got ourselves a 2-hour feature so the nastiness got increased twice (unless you're in THAT fandom, it'll be just once; you know who I'm talking about; damn druggies! :o).
Spoiler :
The entire movie was really straightforward as it did delve in what happened to Shiki in the 2nd movie and how she got to the hospital in the 4th movie. In the present time of the movie, there has been a bunch of killings that occurred in the city. It has been discovered that Rio Shirazumi was the culprit and this was a ploy to draw out Shiki and get her to kill. The relationship between Shiki and Mikiya gets a huge amount of development as well though some of Mikiya preaching of how Shiki shouldn't kill got pretty ham-handed.
Final claymation moment of the day: Mind your manners! And get a good look of a shit load of Type-Moon related claymation characters and figurines in the theater! 8O

I'll be utterly shocked if this doesn't get licensed here in the U.S. with an English dub being planned as well. Granted one of the toughest thing is how you release a series of 7 movies where 2 of them are normal movie-sized length while the rest are 50 min. long.
ImageImage

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:07 am

This was interesting, I always like to see how typemoon tries to twist themselves out in the ends of their shows. Overall i like it though it was a bit of a cheeseball ending I ate it up because of the way they set it up. Hopefully this does get a U.S release i would really enjoy having these dvd's in my collection.

I wouldn't say the nastiness was upped twice, the content just changed. Typemoon usually has darker intentions in the novels but sometimes that's harder to show on screen.

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:26 am

All in all, I really enjoyed this. Truth be told, I love Fate/Stay Night more but think that they did a better anime adaption for Kara no Kyoukai than Fate/Stay Night. The final movie really went deep into everything, and like others have said, it may have had that "cheeseball ending" but what could we do but devour it and savor the taste? I really wish that the light novels would be licensed in America but I wouldn't count on it, and as for dubs... I'll stick with the beautiful Japanese voices. I've read all they have at Baka-Tsuki but would love to have a translated hand-held copy :book: . My days have been shit lately, utter shit, but watching this has made me feel like it's worth living another few years for more things like this to come my way. Type-Moon... you guys are Gods. I loved Fate/Stay Night, I loved Tsukihime, I loved the sequels and prequels to those, and I sure as hell love Kara no Kyoukai. God bless Type-Moon! :rofl: |:>
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Absolutely ate this up. Good ending, lots of weirdness and violence (plus boob licking, to boot!) and amazing art/music as always. Definitely going down in my favorite anime of all time list. NOW all we need is a FSN Heavens feel movie done by UFOtable, and I'll die happy.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”