Code Geass R2

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby OropherZero » Tue May 06, 2008 12:06 am

hey its code geass we're talking about, most likely an explosion caused by black knights or some interference with the call will occur so he doesn't have to answer :/
OropherZero

Postby SheeGee » Tue May 06, 2008 6:48 pm

does milly kno what's going on?

[spoiler]cuz when she and suzaku were talking, she knew that kallen was in the rebellion and who nina was (despite the fact that nina was erased from the students' memories)[/spoiler]
SheeGee

Postby OropherZero » Tue May 06, 2008 7:48 pm

remember that Kallen revealed herself to the school committee during the black rebellion
OropherZero

Postby Ishbalan » Tue May 06, 2008 7:56 pm

And there would have been no reason to erase Nina from the students memories.
I don't know why you assumed that she was.

And that reminds me...
[spoiler]We STILL don't know exactly what happened with the whole Nina rigged to a nuke thing.[/spoiler]
Ishbalan

Postby OropherZero » Wed May 07, 2008 1:54 am

the less known about crazy lesbian the better
OropherZero

Postby SheeGee » Wed May 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Ishbalan wrote:And there would have been no reason to erase Nina from the students memories.
I don't know why you assumed that she was.

while lelouch was looking at pictures, he mentioned that nina wasnt in any of them.
well i guess u could argue that when lelouch's mind was altered, nina left the school.
SheeGee

Postby Otohiko » Thu May 08, 2008 2:23 am

I'm up to ep 4, will watch ep 5 tomorrow.

[spoiler]Wow, if what I've seen is any indication... I mean let's face it, we knew not all was right with Suzaku all the way from about mid-season 1, but WOW, what an utter dick he has turned out to be! :x Surprisingly, while I've been quite on the fence with Lelouch as far as genuine sympathy, looking at Suzaku now really does put him in a more positive light for me. What a fucking hypocrite.

I like the curve ball that's been thrown in with Rollo however. This will no doubt cause major drama later in the series, and so far Rollo has not disappointed as a character. Hope they keep his character rolling (lol pun). I've no doubt Lulu has got him now and will probably find a weakness to him eventually, while I do doubt he'll get over his fury so easily - it's not like Zero to kiss and make up etc. I would rather things resolve more positively for Rollo though. His emotional immaturity and insecurity, combined with his not-so-easy fate as a young geass user, make him sympathetic in a way Mao never was.

The much more outward tension between C.C. and Kallen - oof, hot stuff that :D
I really wish both of them got a bit more screen time to interact with each other and the rest of the cast - hopefully if this parallel structure keeps up, at least we'll get an episode mostly about Kallen sometime soon. I think she's my favourite character in the series - and her fighting style >>>> everyone else, by far. But she's a little lacking in screen time outside the big fights. [/spoiler]
Otohiko

Postby OmniStrata » Thu May 08, 2008 4:36 am

Anyone up for some C.C. flavored pizza?

:D
OmniStrata

Postby Otohiko » Thu May 08, 2008 10:58 am

OmniStrata wrote:Anyone up for some C.C. flavored pizza?

:D

I think that would only be possible if Mao had his way with her in season 1 :uhoh:
Otohiko

Postby Pas » Fri May 09, 2008 8:33 am

Just finished 5. Pretty cool episode, though I have to agree with outlawed and say that I wish they'd stop relating so much back to season 1, it's great to see the differences and all, but I can't wait for all the real action to begin.

That being said, the cliffhanger at the end of the episode, holy crap.

*bangs head against wall for next ep*
Pas
のヮの

Postby Otohiko » Fri May 09, 2008 1:35 pm

Pas1990 wrote:holy crap.

*bangs head against wall for next ep*

I actually don't think it's nearly as much of a dead end as Lelouch made it look.

[spoiler]For one, Suzaku still needs to become Knight of One, and if what he had to do to make Knight of Seven is any indication, that won't be as easy as he makes it sound. I'm betting it'd involve defeating Zero again - Suzaku also said how he's now got "more than enough" military power, with Anya and the other dude around - but I ver much doubt that. Zero already has Karen, Rollo - and I assume if CC if intact then so is Gawain - and if the allusions in the intro are any indication, the Kyoto group's remnants have something up their sleeve. Add to that the Chinese who are obviously not friends of Zero but are not interested in losing him - and I don't think the chances for Suzaku look so straighforward at all. They're at least even. [/spoiler]
Otohiko

Postby Oli.C » Sun May 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Man I really can't stand watching this on a weekly basis... I keep trying to hold back and let the episodes accumulate but I always given in far too easily!
Oli.C

Postby angelx03 » Sun May 11, 2008 5:52 pm

Episode 6 was PURE MECHA ACTION, and it gives more reason to hate Suzaku!!!

[spoiler]- So Lelouch got out of that predicament thanks to Rolo's paralysis Geass on Suzaku. With the limited amount of time, Lelouch told Nunnaly to pretend to act like strangers so Suzaku won't get suspicious.

- And with the knowledge of Nunnaly as the new Governor-General of Area 11, Lelouch made plans with the Order of Black Knights to "capture" her in an aerial battle.

- Things were going as plan as Zero was able to make contact with Nunnaly. But unfortunately a combination of his hesitation to retrieve her and reinforcements made it one heck of a predicament.

- Reinforcements consist of Guilford's upgraded Knightmare (which was based on Lancelot's design), and later Gino and Anya (in which her Knightmare is SOOOO like Gundam Virtue from Gundam 00 only we have a cute loli piloting rather than an androgynous bishounen). And there comes Suzaku with his upgraded Lancelot which is now called Lancelot Conquista. They did a number to the Black Knights especially to Karen's Guren to point that she got knocked off the airship.

- And as luck would have it, Laksharta appeared and informed Karen that she going to get new upgrades for her Guren. And these new attachments (with now having the ability to fly), Karen was able to completely even the battlefield. HER BADASSNESS RETURNS!!! :o

- With the airship heavily damaged, it's going to crash anytime soon so Suzaku left the battle in order to find and retrieve Nunnaly. It seems that Zero failed to persuade her to come with him especially with Nunnally willing to be the governor-general and finish off what Euphie started back in season 1. And then the ship crashed in which Nunnaly screamed out Suzaku's name in order to save her which devastated Lelouch. At the end of the episode she was able to recognize his voice when he was falling the ship[/spoiler]

Damn! [spoiler]With Nunnally "siding" with the old ideals, it seems Lelouch needs to really needs to contemplate on his goals and ideals of why he's doing the stuff he's doing.[/spoiler]
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby Otohiko » Sun May 11, 2008 7:40 pm

angelx03 wrote:[spoiler]- And as luck would have it, Laksharta appeared and informed Karen that she going to get new upgrades for her Guren. And these new attachments (with now having the ability to fly), Karen was able to completely even the battlefield. HER BADASSNESS RETURNS!!! :o[/spoiler]

BWAHAHA that was SO awesome! As I was saying earlier, Guren >>> all, and in this episode it was probably awesomer than at any other point. Though the upgrades were sorta an inevitable thing they'd drop in somehow (no way season 1-level technology would hold up now), they sure came in a pretty cool (if unbelievable) way.

CG is definitely trying to be more of a mecha series than usual. Which worked really well in this ep.

Damn! [spoiler]With Nunnally "siding" with the old ideals, it seems Lelouch needs to really needs to contemplate on his goals and ideals of why he's doing the stuff he's doing.[/spoiler]

The preview suggests that the next ep should be pretty interesting. I bet you anything that in the end, Suzaku will piss off Lelouch with something again and end all doubts.
Otohiko

Postby Otohiko » Sun May 11, 2008 7:41 pm

BAH, wtf, the spoiler tag was working fine in preview :shock:
Otohiko

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion