Bamboo Blade

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Bamboo Blade

Post by paizuri » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:01 am

This is the official Bamboo Blade discussion thread.

Official website (japanese)

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Unlike many of the slice-of-life and school anime this and the seasons past, Bamboo Blade portrays almost exclusively the activities and defining character events of its Kendou club and the respective members.

The anime centers around the girls of in these kendou clubs and their matches. True to the nature of kendou, the anime is has a lot of atmosphere, humor, and storyline, spiked every so often with quick and decisive action and match scenes.

Although seemingly serious in nature, as alluded to, Bamboo Blade is rife with humor and laughter. You'll enjoy it.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:13 pm

I touched on the manga and didn't really enjoy it, mainly because of the characters. They were unlikeable. I mean, really unlikable.

Does anyone know if the anime is directly following the story from the manga or not?

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:22 am

The anime is "adapted" from the manga. I haven't read the manga yet, but I can say that in terms of main characters, they're all likable or have their own quarks that make them unique.
Orgasm - It's a Science

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:29 pm

There are things you can only learn after defeat. If you've never lost, you won't know true strength.

Episode 20+:
Tama makes a new friend. Her name is Rin and she is the #1 fan of Schnaider, Braver's rival. Rin also has skills in Kendo. She promises to show Tama why Schnaider will win in the end.

Episode 22:
Tama vs Rin

What happens? Watch and find out!
Orgasm - It's a Science

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:13 pm

One more episode left in the season.

Episode 25 covered a lot of ground, showed the team with lots of personal improvements, and quite a bit of kendo action, not to mention some extra Miya-Miya. What's left for episode 26? Plenty and it'll be a spectacle if everything is as indicated.
Orgasm - It's a Science

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:41 pm

Episode 26:
Fast forward half a year. Tama and crew are now starting their next year of school. Everything has been fairly normal, but surprises are abound. New freshman, new story lines, and new opponents are revealed.

Who is this new beautiful blue haired girl? Hopefully, they'll let us see in season 2, should it be released.

Last words:
One of the best slice-of-life anime this season. The calm, peaceful music, the dramatic and inspirational kendou bouts, the funny and memorable characters, it's very enjoyable and sadly, it's come to an end for now.
Orgasm - It's a Science

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:52 pm

I have to say Lyrs, every anime you promote seems to scare people from posting in the thread x'D

If it makes you feel better, I've added this to my to-watch-list.

...it's number 21 on it btw ;A;

Lyrs
Org Profile

Re: Bamboo Blade

Post by Lyrs » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:39 pm

The manga is still ongoing and we're seeing more girls and other schools being involved. Plenty of humor and suspense throughout.
Orgasm - It's a Science

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”