Candy Boy

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Candy Boy

Post by paizuri » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:10 pm

This is the official Candy Boy discussion thread.

Official website (japanese)

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:04 pm

Here's a plot summary from ANN:
Yukino and Kanade Sakurai live together as high school students enjoying their daily life; until one day Sakuya Kamiyama confess her love for Kanade to Yukino, asking for her support. This makes Yukino to release her true feelings for her sister.
This is animated by AIC, and it's only EIGHT FREAKIN' MINUTES LONG! :evil:

It's now fansubbed, but there's one thing I have to say. AIC, for the love of our yuri goddess, make a full, TV length (or even a longer OVA) series out of this! This has possibly one of the best potential of a yuri plot on an anime series in a very, VERY long time! I mean, it doesn't have your lame gender-bending plotlines, and it doesn't seem to take place in an all-girl Catholic school environment. And the feelings presented by the girls are true and not subtextual right off the bat!

*starts praying heavily* :cry:
ImageImage

Chrono63
Org Profile

Post by Chrono63 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:54 pm

Like usually, I agree with you angelx03. ;)
But even if it's only 8mins long, it does have a few enjoyable moments.
Spoiler :
When Kanade ran towards Yukino and held her face, I expected a kiss. It was a close call.:(

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:13 pm

Note to self: MUST WATCH THIS ANIME.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:39 am

I liked it. But, yeah, if it was longer, it could only be better. Nice use of the few time available, though.

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:18 am

Hmmm, the DVD version had a few additions from the streaming version. First off,
Spoiler :
...they extended the scene where Kana was holding Yuki's face by adding the part where Yuki asked Kana if she wants to kiss her! Kana face turned into disgust, but Yuki pleaded that what used to do when they were kids! Gah!!!!
There was also an ending credit sequence with those two embracing each other on a bed with a bunch of cherry blossom petals floating around.

This desperately needs to be a full series now! The potential is just so there!!!! :x :cry:
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:00 pm

More Candy Boy confirmed!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 7-episodes

...which mean more smexy, hawt yuri incest awesomeness! 8-)
ImageImage

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:04 am

I approve of this series (now that it referred to as be called as such) :up:
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:08 pm

According to this website:

http://candyboy.jp/

...new episode will premiere on May 2nd! Hehe, I have to wait about a month and a half just to watch about 8 min. of animation! :lol:

(god, I'm pitiful :cry: )
ImageImage

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:45 am

angelx03 wrote: smexy, hawt yuri incest awesomeness! 8-)
Adds to "to-watch-as-soon-as-I-get-home"-list :shock:
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”