Dragonaut - The Resonance

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Dragonaut - The Resonance

Post by paizuri » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:10 pm

This is the official Dragonaut - The Resonance discussion thread.

Official website (japanese)

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:02 pm

The chicks have hueg tits, need i say more?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:45 am

Looks interesting. Can someone post a summary plot of this? Possibly without spoilers :)

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:59 am

mirkosp wrote:Looks interesting. Can someone post a summary plot of this? Possibly without spoilers :)

Guy has become caught up in series of events involving dragons and has no farking clue what is going on. Most of the series thus far is about him trying to find out.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:42 pm

I'm going to say exactly what I said to the guy who recommended this to me.

"I watched the first episode, and I don't think there's much to say about this anime. It introduced a lot of well-endowed women and showed them nearly exposed; I don't think any were Inspiration worthy. That woman who is apparently the antagonist is way over the top endowed.
Here's my impression: The shows doesn't have a good plot and the fights aren't that great, so it tries to make up for it with large-breasted girls in revealing clothing. Overall, I was pretty bored with the first episode, but not nearly as bored as I got with Ghost Hound. I think its rushing into things a little too quickly."

"After watching three episodes, I have seen nothing new. The plot is stale, and I think the concept of transforming into dragons (along with drawn out transformations) to be ridden like planes or mobile suits is pretty lame. The CG used in the fights is nowhere near the spectacular detail given in Reideen, and the fights themselves aren't that great. Unless you can convince me otherwise, I am dropping this show."

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon May 19, 2008 10:06 am

Its a fanservice show which I sat through all the way. [hey, I like my fanservice]

Its ending is also made of mega happy cheese and even the subbers themselves preferred a more pessimistic outlook.

Most anime usually end on a happy ending and those are the ones I like. The fights are dynamic in that there's human form fighting and Dragon form fighting. I guess the human to dragon mechanic allows better interaction between characters.

[let's see you go shopping with your 300 ton mecha inside a convenience store, and shtuff]

Though I'll admit, the hero is on the retarded side [he can't earn my respect unlike someone such as Nagasumi Michishio] if he grows as a character at the end of the series [which he did, kinda] then it's alright by me.

However, if you can't stand the first 5 eps, then you're probably not gonna have the patience to get to the mega happy ending...

End of the world [aka worst case scenarios] are the times that we see our protagonists show what they're really made of after all ^_^

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”