Minami-ke

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:04 pm

whoamygod I love this show |:>

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:15 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:whoamygod I love this show |:>
x2 :shock:

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:22 am

I suggest just watching episode 10 and don't read my highlights for the episode.

At any rate, here are episode 10's highlights (MASSIVE SPOILERS!):
Spoiler :
It is revealed by Uchida and Yoshino that there is another student in Chiaki's grade (class 5-1) that is also named Minami - Touma Minami who's name is written with the characters for Winter and horse. Considering that Chiaki and her sisters Kana and Haruka have the characters of Autumn, Summer, and Spring in their names respectively, I think Chiaki gets the idea of making Touma her younger brother to complete the set. Oddly enough, Uchida states that what Chiaki just said was "out of character". I think it's not. :P

Going to see this "younger brother", we find out that Touma is a girl! Unfortunately, Chiaki is set on getting a younger brother. Luckily for Chiaki, Touma is trying to pick a fight with a male classmate who states that "boys don't fight with girls". Thus, she declares that from now on, she's a guy. How perfect for Chiaki.

I love how Chiaki's attitude changes when Touma reveals that her birthday is in April. I guess Chiaki's birthday is actually later ("Her birthdays... loses."), so she dodges the question of when her birthday is to maintain her status as the "older sister". After all, Winter should come after Autumn.

Ironically, feeling that Touma's red bookbag doesn't match her new status as a guy, the Chiaki gets Makoto to switch his black bag with Touma's. Uchida states, "Red! It's fitting!" with a sly look on her face. :D

I love Chiaki's justification for punching Makoto in the face in cooking class. :lol:

Haruka and Kana get home to discover that they now have a younger brother? Aw, Touma spoils it by revealing that she's a girl. Mako-chan then shows up and Touma starts wonder where has she seen this person before? Obviously, Mako-chan has to intercede before his secret is accidentally spilled. Strangely, Makoto acts more girlish than Touma.

Kana takes the opportunity to make a jab at Chiaki's lack of feminine attributes in relation to boyish Touma.

Ka-chan and Tou-chan!

Mako-chan probably will never be able to revert back to the male Makoto in the Minami house. :D

Chiaki blushes when Makoto gets on his knees!

Makoto is wearing a "STUPID" shirt. How fitting!

Kana is having too much fun torturing Makoto. Touma's reactions are priceless. :lol:

Next week: more people named Minami!
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:41 am

Spoiler :
.. what had me laughing soo hard was how Touma was not shocked at the dual-clothes-bag Makoto was using and how easily Mako-chan seduced Touma; THAT was priceless!
.. can't tell me that she doesn't like him ( even if she doesn't realize it herself - yet! )

.. Guys, pay attention to how "Touma acts around Makoto" if you ever have any doubts about what girls do when they like a guy.

T_T at this point in the series we've forgotten why Makoto was after Chiaki ... Makoto [ hint-hint ] go after Touma YOU IDIOT!!!

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:03 pm

well, Episode 11 is
Spoiler :
Minami's discovers Minami's as Toumo brings word of the three sisters to her three brothers .. and then .. the fun starts AGAIN!
.. seems that
Spoiler :
Haruka already knew about the older brothers
.. I have got to catch the xmas specail -- T_T its xmas, nobody screws that up!

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:14 pm

Dude this series has so much win in it, it's unbelievable.

I can't stop laughing :lol:

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:48 pm

.. I'm actually waiting at the home page to see if 12 is the final episode and so far ..

- IT DOESN"T LOOK LIKE IT ^___^ YEAH!!!

.. M - I - N .. A - M - I .. ke ... YEAH! ... M - I - N .. A - M - I .. ke ... YEAH! YEAH!

MiyaDV
Org Profile

Post by MiyaDV » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:32 am

Seriously, this series needs more popularity, no one hardly talks about it and it's -insert a curse word there>fucking great
. . . . . .

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:48 am

Video forthcoming >_>

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:58 pm

ZephyrStar wrote:Video forthcoming >_>
:up: do us proud ZS, maybe you can get a few more people to actually watch it :3

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”