Minami-ke

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:45 am

:O :O !

MINAMI! ORE WA OTOKO DESU!

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:18 am

Episode 11! Just watch the show, my comments have quite the spoilers!
Spoiler :
Presenting Touma's brothers!

Akira mentions that Touma's acting more boyish. Of course, being raised with three good-for-nothing older brothers it shouldn't come as a surprise. But what's the real reason? Oddly, the brothers don't ask Touma directly as she's right next to them...

Out of concern and curiosity, Elder Brother commands Akira to follow Touma to the Minami sisters' house. Upon hearing of this, Haruka is highly suspicious and defensive(!). Chiaki is the most level headed and suggest letting Touma's brother in. Kana isn't impressed with the gift Akira brings. Haruka, on the other hand, seems to have a change of heart.

Kana refers to Haruka as Oyabun (Boss). I think she's getting the wrong idea about this situation...

Haruka doesn't help her case when she phones the other Minami household to say that Touma and Akira are in their care. Maybe Kana is rubbing off on Haruka...

Akira visits Kana in her classroom at school. Kana makes a joke about Akira saying he wants to get a girlfriend. Akira actually admits that it's true. When Kana asks what's his type, he says that any girl is OK as long as it's not Kana. :lol:

Riko and Banchou (Fujioka) show up. Misunderstandings ensue. :D

The Chiaki and Yamada segment was sooooo cute.

Hosaka recruits Minami into the volleyball club (no, not that Minami).

Hosaka asks Natsuki to try the bento he made. Natsuki makes a clumsy attempt at not eating it.

Natsuki goes to find Haruka and meet fellow volleyball club members Maki and Atsuko. Atsuko makes the introductions and Maki gives Natsuki a good push. Haruka goes into Legendary Banchou mode. :lol:

Natsuki reflects on the events of the previous day and face plants at the breakfast table. :D

See! I told you that Kana is really observant about certain things. :P

Natsuki gets to properly introduce himself to Haruka and then face plants again. And again.

Kana realizes why he's doing that but is too subtle in mentioning to Haruka about her wardrobe malfunction. Chiaki makes it plainly clear. Natsuki in the meantime has created a pool of blood so Haruka rushes to help. Unfortunately (or fortunately), Haruka forgets about her clothing condition. So Natsuki face plants again. :lol:
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:25 am

In case you don't understand the joke of Kana calling Haruka "Oyabun" and her acting and speaking in the manner that she does (plus the context of the subsequent events), here's a link that might help.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:20 pm

.. its the -lack- parental guidance on both sides of the Minami families that makes this show a success .. the only limitations to their deeds are their fear of punishment for crimes they don't understand - hehe

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:22 am

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:13 am

I've had some time to decompress, so here's a few moments from episode 12:
Spoiler :
Did Kana set all this up so she could call Chiaki "baka"?

Chiaki and her teddy bear = cute.

Touma's eldest brother sure is dense. :|

Natsuki face plants again due to remembering you-know-what. :lol:

Fujioka is Kana's guinea pig/plaything.

Bakayarou. :D

The Haruka angel scene. I want cake now.

Fujioka is a bear?

Fujioka decides his original present to Kana isn't right so he changes it to something arguably much more appropriate and is finally able to give a present to Kana.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:10 pm

.. well .. Congrads are in order here:

Congradulations to the Crew and Studio's that Produce this series on
your New Members and for being Ranked in the TOP 10 of ALL TV Shows
watched in 2007.

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :twisted:

Episode 13 introduces us to the added style of these newest editions to its staff and we are not disappointed in the resolts:
.. seems all the students in Chiaki's class are "in" on the "Kana" scheme. hehe

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:28 am

A fairly impressive 13 episode series. It's good that it ended on a high note, but still, they'll be missed. Hopefully the retelling has something new to add.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:19 am

It's sad that this version is over. I hope Okawari can meet the established standard.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:48 am

.. the new season, it should be quite entertaining; I mean, how many things can go wrong in a Spa T_T

hehe

.. Come-on; this series started two and a half weeks late because of poor editing and improper casting of charactor developement only to make a come-back that slam-dunk'd any other series Right from the start -- or is it .. that maybe .. you don't understand how IMPOSSIBLE it is to get in the Top 10 in Japan in under three months?
.. this ain't America where everything is in the top-10 for a few weeks, this is Japan where anything in the TOP-100 is nearly improbable for even well know year-round shows and in less that 3 episodes this series made it into the TOP-100 .. within the first three episodes T_T .. the TOP-100 is only released once a year .. that staff & casting pulled-off a Bloody-Mericle!

.. hehe, that was a nice touch though; "My mom told me that girls don't wear underwaer in a wedding-kamono ... " I don't know why he suddenly got wise after that statement 8-)

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”