Minami-ke

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:20 pm

The swimsuit/beach episode was hilarious. Excellent writing on the anime team.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:14 am

Episode 6 (It's a trap!) comments:
Spoiler :
The true extent of Baka na Kodomo's idiocy is revealed!

Due to Chiaki's kindness toward her friends, Makoto gets invited to a study group at the Minami's house. Of course, Makoto doesn't hesitate in calling himself and Uchida the "Baka Team" (which Uchida objects to), resulting in Unfortunate Fall #1.

At the Minami household, the group stumble upon Kana changing clothes. Of course, Kana doesn't react in the normal manner for a girl in that situation.

Somehow, Kana recognizes a fellow idiot and pulls him aside for some of her "wisdom". Although with his subsequent actions, Kana probably realizes that he's a special case... :idea:

Minami. Chiaki. Hime. :lol:

The Paperweight/Inkstone/Writingbrush scene was a nice bit of interaction from the secondary characters of Chiaki's friends. The Broom/Broom/Broom bit was great too.

I can't believe Kana called Makoto "that stupid kid" (you don't mince words, eh?). Since it's involving Chiaki, Kana can't help but to cause trouble. A bit surprisingly, Uchida goes along with the plan (look at her expressions during the transformation :lol: ). Obviously, Makoto is easily convinced into doing weird things. And Kana's reason for Chiaki's half-open sleepy-looking eyes is revealed.

CHIAKI-VISION!

Mako-chan and we lucky viewers get to see Haruka start to undress. Kana spoils the fun by pointing out to Haruka that there are certain social protocols that should be observed even with an "all-female" audience.

Somehow, this propels Makoto into making Mako-chan a permanent thing. By coincidence, Uchida stumble upon Makoto shopping for girl's clothing (Unfortunate Fall #2) and upon learning of his reasons, decides to help him! (WTF!?)

Then, Haruka happens to show up while they are looking at bras (oh, Strawberry Eggs flashbacks!) and due to her kind nature, decides to help Mako-chan in a bra fitting. Oh, boy. The jig is up!
Next week: poor Keiko gets harassed by Kana (again) and it seems another new face appears!
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:55 am

Episode 7 highlights:
Spoiler :
Chiaki and Haruka still haven't found out about Mako-chan's true identity. I wonder if it's because they are too trusting or just not paying good attention to the fact that <s>Clark and Superman</s> Makoto and Mako-chan look alike.

Uchida gets an unwanted view of Mako-chan's underside. Considering that last episode Makoto got to view Uchida's undies (twice!), I guess it's time for some payback. Although I think Uchida got a raw deal. I'm also wondering if Chiaki also got the same view and just rejected the possibility that Mako-chan is someone she goes to school with.

Sadly for Keiko, Kana has plans to help another person change their life and she's the new <s>victim</s> subject. Ironically, Kana in the process of thinking of a way to take off Keiko's glasses manages to take them off without realizing it. Kana, looking smarter doesn't actually make you smarter (or does it?)...

Kana holds a self-defense seminar for Chiaki's friends. It seems to me like Kana is using Chiaki's friends as substitute little sisters since they seem to actually show her respect. Of course, fellow 'baka' Uchida is picked on by Kana and it doesn't help that Uchida reacts to mention of money. :D

It's finally revealed in what way the Minami sisters are related to Takeru-ojisan! And a possible reason why they call him "Ojisan" even though he's not their uncle and isn't even old enough to be called as such.

A hilarious Sensei and Ninomiya-kun which is a follow up to last episode's segment.

The Haruka Minami Banchou Legend! Poor Haruka, Kana's going to get as much amusement from that notebook as she can.

Gosh, the Minami girls were really cute 2 years ago. That's not saying that they aren't cute now. Well, Haruka of today is more 'hot' than cute, but she still has her 'moe' moments.
I love the secondary characters in this series. Most of them are very amusing, especially Chiaki and Haruka's classmates. Kana's classmates are usually the comedic foil to her antics, but they have great individual moments too. Like the scenes with Yuu and Hiroko (Kana's senpai/Haruka's ex-kohai) and Uchida and Yoshino (Chiaki's classmates), the characters have entertaining personalities and exhibit quirks that usually develop between close friends (e.g. the "Paperweight"/"Inkstone" and white/black/grey conversations).

I'm hoping to see more of Haruka's classmates and how they interact with her and each other. Luckily, I may get my wish granted based on the next episode preview.

I also like the interplay between Kana and her older sister's and younger sister's friends and acquaintances - the way she's able to manipulate Makoto and befriend Chiaki's other classmates, plus how she bluntly asks Haruka's friends how they got her to strip during the beach episode.

I've also come to the conclusion that Kana isn't dumb. It's just that her brain is wired in such a way that she sees things differently from most other people. She also seems to put certain things at a higher priority than most people. Kana's often scheming and thinking about odd things while neglecting or ignoring common stuff like schoolwork. Oh, she's not a genius by any measure, but she's very good at interacting with people and is smart enough to know what her limits are. Kana's not an idiot, but she does idiotic things.

Next episode: Hosaka!

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:22 pm

.. Episode 08 .. Bubble .. bubble gum training camp T_T, sniff sniff, and a threat:

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:22 am

I died laughing from watching episode 8. It's taken me a while to resurrect myself. :P

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:26 am

Ahh crap, overload. Time to catch back up on MK.

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:30 pm

SENSEI~~~~~~~
NINOMIYA-KUN~~~~~~~~

LOL

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:07 pm

Ok I just had to make this after hearing that :lol:

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:13 am

Minami-ke 9 is another sister-focused episode.

Things I learned:
Spoiler :
Haruka is very efficient at housework.

I think Makoto is a masochist.

Proof that Kana isn't as dumb as people think. Then again...

Chiaki is very good at defusing a bad situation. Although I not sure if she thought it through enough...

I'm surprised that Chiaki actually went along with Kana's idiocy for that long. And at what point did she start planning her revenge?

Chiaki tells Kana not to take the bus to the afterlife? Then says that she enjoys watching Kana in pain more than watching her favorite TV show? What a twisted little sister. I bet she expected the apple from Kana.

Chiaki doesn't like her vegetables? I figured that she'd eat them all for Haruka's sake. I guess she's still your typical grade schooler.

The uniform switching segment was fun. :D

Oddly enough, Kana telling Chiaki to give up on finishing her vegetables is probably better motivation than Haruka's encouragement. :P

Uniform switching II = :lol: (you knew it was coming).

Kana uses the "for Haruka" tactic to get what she wants from Chiaki. Proof that she's a great judge of people's wants, needs, and personalities and finding a way to exploit them. Kana's such a schemer, I can totally see her becoming a politician. :twisted:
Next episode: another new face! (A man? Brother? Wha?)

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:45 pm

ah!- come-on, can't you tell what's about to happen?
Spoiler :
.. Kana and Uchida made Makoto into Mako-chan to get closer to Chiaki and now Minami & Hime are going to make one of the girls a GUY for Chiaki's Slumber Party if they can get her passed Kana who thinks he's a she., no harms being done; Chiaki & Kana will sleep in one bed and Mako-chan and Bruce-ette will sleep in the other bed -- no harm done ... right ???

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”