Idolmaster Xenoglossia

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:08 pm

Years of waiting are over. All subbing are complete and the series is officially over.
Spoiler :
Haruka dies!
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:47 pm

Lyrs wrote:
Spoiler :
Haruka dies!
No, she doesn't. Lyrs, you are a liar.
I was coaxed into watching this anime by a friend. I will now attempt to explain the general situation of the show. Please correct me if I say something wrong.
Spoiler :
Auryn was an apocalyptic phenomenon similar to the Second Impact in Eva. Auryn was going to destroy the Earth, but hit the Moon instead, causing it to explode. On impact, the 5 iDOL cores were released from it and Auryn went into an invisible latent state which unintentionally stabilized the Earth from the Moon's disappearance. When an iDOL is destroyed, it returns to its home.
The goal of Turiavita was to gather all of the iDOLs in one place and force Auryn's awakening because "Mama" was insane and felt like doing so. This is similar to the forbidden contact of Adam and Lilith (or angel and Adam, I forget which combo) in Eva causing the Third Impact.
When Nubilum was destroyed, Auryn stirred and began to hunger for the other iDOLs. By sending of the iDOLs into it at once and having them self-destruct, they destroy the core of Auryn and disrupt the Apocalypse sequence.
However, although Auryn is dead, it's presence remains over the Earth, continuing to make up for the Moon's loss.
Did I cover everything?

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:34 pm

i don't remember the self destruct thing, but the essential detail is that by combining all the idols, they stabilize Auryn and force it from negatively affecting the earth. from recollection, it seems as though they are alive and forever balancing Auryn's power and guarding the earth
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:44 pm

That makes a little bit more sense. :)
Thank you.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”