Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby hasteroth » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:01 pm

MusoukaProductions wrote:The actual end fight was great, but the ending with what happens to Simon was just dumb. [spoiler]I mean WTF, he just becomes a lonely wanderer? Ok, he's probably not fit to be the president, but he probably should still be in the government. It just seemed like such a sad existence for him after he basically saved the universe. Or maybe he could have married Yoko instead.[/spoiler]


Yeah that really is stupid
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.
User avatar
hasteroth
lost the bet
 
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Location: Around
Status: Neither here nor there

Postby MusoukaProductions » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:53 pm

hasteroth wrote:
Yeah that really is stupid


But it still doesn't take away from the epic awesomeness of this series. 8-)

I'm still new to anime, but I've seen quite a few bad endings to series. Doesn't ruin the series for me, but makes me feel disappointed. Too many characters dying, unanswered questions, etc. :?
User avatar
MusoukaProductions
 
Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Location: Korakuen Hall...

Postby hasteroth » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:57 pm

MusoukaProductions wrote:
hasteroth wrote:
Yeah that really is stupid


But it still doesn't take away from the epic awesomeness of this series. 8-)

I'm still new to anime, but I've seen quite a few bad endings to series. Doesn't ruin the series for me, but makes me feel disappointed. Too many characters dying, unanswered questions, etc. :?


Hey you're almost as new to the forum as me! Although I've been into anime for 4 years now but have only recently gone otaku.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.
User avatar
hasteroth
lost the bet
 
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Location: Around
Status: Neither here nor there

Postby Ringtails » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:39 pm

|i|n|t|e|l|l|i|g|e|n|c|e|
MY ANTI DRUG.
User avatar
Ringtails
 
Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Location: Wherever life takes me

Postby Shui » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:02 pm

I really should've stopped at ep 17 :uhoh:
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)
User avatar
Shui
Shuitcake
 
Joined: 02 Jul 2006

Postby hasteroth » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:40 pm

mal shuir wrote:I really should've stopped at ep 17 :uhoh:


No you shouldn't have. Well...maybe...
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.
User avatar
hasteroth
lost the bet
 
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Location: Around
Status: Neither here nor there

Postby ShatteredFlame » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:36 pm

mal shuir wrote:I really should've stopped at ep 17 :uhoh:


Meh......... the fighting in the last couple of episodes {23-27 i think} are pretty awesome. But yeah I hated how cliche the anime became at the end. It got really boring and un-enjoyable compared to the first couple of episodes :l
User avatar
ShatteredFlame
 
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Location: New York

Postby Ringtails » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:18 pm

ShatteredFlame wrote:
mal shuir wrote:I really should've stopped at ep 17 Image


Meh......... the fighting in the last couple of episodes {23-27 i think} are pretty awesome. But yeah I hated how cliche the anime became at the end. It got really boring and un-enjoyable compared to the first couple of episodes :l

By the end, do you mean the last couple of minutes after the fight? The epilogue?
'Cause after the epic fight... there isn't much more to be bored of.
|i|n|t|e|l|l|i|g|e|n|c|e|
MY ANTI DRUG.
User avatar
Ringtails
 
Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Location: Wherever life takes me

Postby ShatteredFlame » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:33 pm

I mean pretty much the whole 2nd arc {except the epic final battles} with that time skip was pretty boring :/
User avatar
ShatteredFlame
 
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Location: New York

Postby hasteroth » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:48 pm

ShatteredFlame wrote:I mean pretty much the whole 2nd arc {except the epic final battles} with that time skip was pretty boring :/


You've got a point.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.
User avatar
hasteroth
lost the bet
 
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Location: Around
Status: Neither here nor there

Postby Oli.C » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:04 am

I kinda spoilt the series for myself midway through by checking out wikipedia and finding out about the time skip. At first I was like "huh?!" and true enough I felt the same when it started off - some characters had become kinda annoying. However the moment some unexpected characters teamed up everything became awesome again. Definitely best show I've seen in a while!
Oli.C
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2003
Location: Manchester, England

Postby hasteroth » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Oli.C wrote:I kinda spoilt the series for myself midway through by checking out wikipedia and finding out about the time skip. At first I was like "huh?!" and true enough I felt the same when it started off - some characters had become kinda annoying. However the moment some unexpected characters teamed up everything became awesome again. Definitely best show I've seen in a while!


lol I did the same. I got so mad. I've learned to hate spoilers ever since I spoiled Sims 2 for me. I never touched the game again.

Sims 2 spoiler DO NOT READ unless you don't play the game or have beaten it
[spoiler] I was so depressed when I found out how the game ends, It just ends, nothing else, it has NO conclusion.[/spoiler]
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.
User avatar
hasteroth
lost the bet
 
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Location: Around
Status: Neither here nor there

Postby hasteroth » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:21 pm

hasteroth wrote:
Oli.C wrote:I kinda spoilt the series for myself midway through by checking out wikipedia and finding out about the time skip. At first I was like "huh?!" and true enough I felt the same when it started off - some characters had become kinda annoying. However the moment some unexpected characters teamed up everything became awesome again. Definitely best show I've seen in a while!


lol I did the same. I got so mad. I've learned to hate spoilers ever since I spoiled Sims 2 for me. I never touched the game again.

Sims 2 spoiler DO NOT READ unless you don't play the game or have beaten it
[spoiler] I was so depressed when I found out how the game ends, It just ends, nothing else, it has NO conclusion.[/spoiler]


Sorry for the double post but I am talking about the NGC version
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.
User avatar
hasteroth
lost the bet
 
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Location: Around
Status: Neither here nor there

Postby MusoukaProductions » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:44 pm

hasteroth wrote:
hasteroth wrote:
Oli.C wrote:I kinda spoilt the series for myself midway through by checking out wikipedia and finding out about the time skip. At first I was like "huh?!" and true enough I felt the same when it started off - some characters had become kinda annoying. However the moment some unexpected characters teamed up everything became awesome again. Definitely best show I've seen in a while!


lol I did the same. I got so mad. I've learned to hate spoilers ever since I spoiled Sims 2 for me. I never touched the game again.

Sims 2 spoiler DO NOT READ unless you don't play the game or have beaten it
[spoiler] I was so depressed when I found out how the game ends, It just ends, nothing else, it has NO conclusion.[/spoiler]


Sorry for the double post but I am talking about the NGC version


Was gonna say, I'm pretty sure Sims games don't have any endings. :nono:
User avatar
MusoukaProductions
 
Joined: 17 Feb 2008
Location: Korakuen Hall...

Postby ZephyrStar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Maybe old news to a lot of people, but
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-03-10/gurren-lagann-movie-to-open-in-japan-in-fall-2008

Apparently a retelling of the TV series.
Image
User avatar
ZephyrStar
Master of Science
 
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Location: The Laboratory
Status: Master of Science

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests