Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby hasteroth » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:01 pm

MusoukaProductions wrote:The actual end fight was great, but the ending with what happens to Simon was just dumb. [spoiler]I mean WTF, he just becomes a lonely wanderer? Ok, he's probably not fit to be the president, but he probably should still be in the government. It just seemed like such a sad existence for him after he basically saved the universe. Or maybe he could have married Yoko instead.[/spoiler]

Yeah that really is stupid
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.
hasteroth
lost the bet

Postby MusoukaProductions » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:53 pm

hasteroth wrote:

But it still doesn't take away from the epic awesomeness of this series. 8-)

I'm still new to anime, but I've seen quite a few bad endings to series. Doesn't ruin the series for me, but makes me feel disappointed. Too many characters dying, unanswered questions, etc. :?
MusoukaProductions

Postby hasteroth » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:57 pm

MusoukaProductions wrote:
hasteroth wrote:

But it still doesn't take away from the epic awesomeness of this series. 8-)

I'm still new to anime, but I've seen quite a few bad endings to series. Doesn't ruin the series for me, but makes me feel disappointed. Too many characters dying, unanswered questions, etc. :?

Hey you're almost as new to the forum as me! Although I've been into anime for 4 years now but have only recently gone otaku.
hasteroth
lost the bet

Postby Ringtails » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:39 pm

|i|n|t|e|l|l|i|g|e|n|c|e|
MY ANTI DRUG.
Ringtails

Postby Shui » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:02 pm

I really should've stopped at ep 17 :uhoh:
Shui
Shuitcake

Postby hasteroth » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:40 pm

mal shuir wrote:I really should've stopped at ep 17 :uhoh:

No you shouldn't have. Well...maybe...
hasteroth
lost the bet

Postby ShatteredFlame » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:36 pm

mal shuir wrote:I really should've stopped at ep 17 :uhoh:

Meh......... the fighting in the last couple of episodes {23-27 i think} are pretty awesome. But yeah I hated how cliche the anime became at the end. It got really boring and un-enjoyable compared to the first couple of episodes :l
ShatteredFlame

Postby Ringtails » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:18 pm

ShatteredFlame wrote:
mal shuir wrote:I really should've stopped at ep 17 Image

Meh......... the fighting in the last couple of episodes {23-27 i think} are pretty awesome. But yeah I hated how cliche the anime became at the end. It got really boring and un-enjoyable compared to the first couple of episodes :l

By the end, do you mean the last couple of minutes after the fight? The epilogue?
'Cause after the epic fight... there isn't much more to be bored of.
|i|n|t|e|l|l|i|g|e|n|c|e|
MY ANTI DRUG.
Ringtails

Postby ShatteredFlame » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:33 pm

I mean pretty much the whole 2nd arc {except the epic final battles} with that time skip was pretty boring :/
ShatteredFlame

Postby hasteroth » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:48 pm

ShatteredFlame wrote:I mean pretty much the whole 2nd arc {except the epic final battles} with that time skip was pretty boring :/

You've got a point.
hasteroth
lost the bet

Postby Oli.C » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:04 am

I kinda spoilt the series for myself midway through by checking out wikipedia and finding out about the time skip. At first I was like "huh?!" and true enough I felt the same when it started off - some characters had become kinda annoying. However the moment some unexpected characters teamed up everything became awesome again. Definitely best show I've seen in a while!
Oli.C

Postby hasteroth » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Oli.C wrote:I kinda spoilt the series for myself midway through by checking out wikipedia and finding out about the time skip. At first I was like "huh?!" and true enough I felt the same when it started off - some characters had become kinda annoying. However the moment some unexpected characters teamed up everything became awesome again. Definitely best show I've seen in a while!

lol I did the same. I got so mad. I've learned to hate spoilers ever since I spoiled Sims 2 for me. I never touched the game again.

Sims 2 spoiler DO NOT READ unless you don't play the game or have beaten it
[spoiler] I was so depressed when I found out how the game ends, It just ends, nothing else, it has NO conclusion.[/spoiler]
hasteroth
lost the bet

Postby hasteroth » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:21 pm

hasteroth wrote:
Oli.C wrote:I kinda spoilt the series for myself midway through by checking out wikipedia and finding out about the time skip. At first I was like "huh?!" and true enough I felt the same when it started off - some characters had become kinda annoying. However the moment some unexpected characters teamed up everything became awesome again. Definitely best show I've seen in a while!

lol I did the same. I got so mad. I've learned to hate spoilers ever since I spoiled Sims 2 for me. I never touched the game again.

[spoiler] I was so depressed when I found out how the game ends, It just ends, nothing else, it has NO conclusion.[/spoiler]

Sorry for the double post but I am talking about the NGC version
hasteroth
lost the bet

Postby MusoukaProductions » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:44 pm

hasteroth wrote:
hasteroth wrote:

Sorry for the double post but I am talking about the NGC version

Was gonna say, I'm pretty sure Sims games don't have any endings. :nono:
MusoukaProductions

Postby ZephyrStar » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Maybe old news to a lot of people, but
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-03-10/gurren-lagann-movie-to-open-in-japan-in-fall-2008

Apparently a retelling of the TV series.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion