Sola

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:33 pm

Bakadeshi wrote:
angelx03 wrote:Episode 10....I freakin' KNEW IT!!! :o
I'll give you that, you called that one on the dot :lol:

Eps 10 certainly did reveal quite alot. THis is a 12 or 13 episode series I take it? Seems to be coming close to an end.
aye haha, intense ep O:

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:55 am

Episode 11...oh man!!!
Spoiler :
This is a very bittersweet episode. Seems like Yorito and Aono made preparations to cut off ties with Mana and Koyori respectively. In the end, Mana and Koyori end up forgetting about them at the start of night time. That rooftop scene with Yorito and Mana is SO SAD!!! :cry:

Looks like there will be rematch between Matsuri and Aono, but this time Matsuri is armed with Takeshi's sword.
Man, makes you wonder what the ending of the series is going to be. :wink:
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:56 am

Aono's doomed and Matsuri and Yorito will be free to make paper crane babies?

:shock:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:34 pm

OmniStrata wrote:Aono's doomed and Matsuri and Yorito will be free to make paper crane babies?

:shock:
Well...
Spoiler :
...some people speculated this will have a SAD ending will all three of them ending up being dead. :shock:
ImageImage

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:50 am

I just watched through like...ep 6 or 7 of this last night...and I must say :O
I was really suprised at some of the twists in this...definately added to my "must watch" list for this season.

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:03 pm

SECOND TO LAST EPISODE, and my GOD what an episode! :shock:
Spoiler :
This is Round 2 of Matsuri vs. Aono, and it looks like they're bringing out the best of their abilities especially with Aono's insane use of her paper clones.

And to top this episode off, Matsuri has taken her sword and stabbed herself (I thought she's going to die) which pretty much made Aono into a human again. And they ended with a cliffhanger of Matsuri going in for the kill. :shock: :shock:
I think it safe to say that sola is seriously becoming one of my favorites!
ImageImage

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:12 am

Watched up through this ep last night... O. M. G.

I completely wasn't expecting this from this show when I started watching it. And now,
Spoiler :
I'm just hoping there can be some way that Matsuri can survive, or Yukito can un-become a paper doll :| Poor Mana :| This show is gonna end saaaaad.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:59 pm

Wow....

Although I kinda expected
Spoiler :
her to stab herself since the beginning of the episode, but didn't quite predict the way and time it went about, I almost thought for a minute that they were gonna change their minds when the sky scene came on the screen :O
This anime keeps doing stuff outside the ordinary that you can't quite predict how it'll end ;p

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:48 pm

Final episode! :D
Spoiler :
Matsuri was able to scratch Aono, but Aono was able to dodge off her sword attack. With it, Aono's powers were quickly being depleted so those two have to finish off the fight now. Well in the end Matsuri ended up losing her sword to Aono, and Aono was going to stab her until Yorito got in the way. This caused Yorito to disappear, and Aono broke down emotionally. Matsuri then picked up the sword and finally stabbed Aono. Aono is now a human being once again, and Matsuri smiled for the last time as the sun rises. End of first half!

Second half mostly consists of aftermath events with Takeshi and Mayuko and Mana and Koyori. Fun moments included Mana taking up photography, and Aono is wearing their school uniform.

So in short, Aono is the last one standing! :o
I like this series. The very look of Matsuri is what really attracted me towards the series sola, and it was able to deliver some pretty nifty twists and turns (and some nice action scenes as well). There are some parts that could use some tinkering, but it's an overall solid series I don't mind buying the DVDs when it comes out in R1.

On another note, I heard there are 2 DVD-only episodes coming soon.
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:22 pm

Bittersweet ending for me. Definitely NOT going to buy the series. When a series does **** **** key characters [or all of them... ala Evangelion lol] it kinda falls off my rickety boat of anime selections to consider...

Those DVD only eps I'll probably just watch elsewhere but 2 eps isn't going to salvage this series for me.
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”