Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties

Post by paizuri » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:32 am

Yet Another Hayate Sequel!
Spoiler :
ANN wrote:The story of Ayasaki Hayate working alongside with maid Maria at Nagi Sanzenin's mansion continues. One day, Nagi receives a phone call from Area 51, inviting her to the universe. Nagi wants to accept the offer, only to be stopped by Maria.
Post updated for sequel. Original post under spoiler.
Spoiler :
This is the official Hayate the Combat Butler discussion thread.

Official website (japanese)

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:31 pm

Take a boy whos misfortune exceeds expicable boundraries, Tough beyond reasonable explanations, and skilled like a ninja with no real explanation why, who ends up being the buttler to protect a cute young rich girl with quite a "tough girl" personality who tends to get kidnapped alot, to make enough money to pay the 155 million yen dept his irresponsible parents left with him as a Christmas present, and you get this anime ;p

I had heard about the manga for this a while ago, but just noticed the animation adaption. Episode 1 was pretty fun and hilarious. Its one of those sorta silly sometimes even stupid shows that just keeps you entertained enough to want more.
Most of the times its the narrator pointing out blatant cliche's and such (especially the extreamly over the top misfortunes that tend to befall our hero) that adds to the humor. I've heard good things of the manga, so lets see how the anime turns out ;p

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:17 pm

It's animooted now? :shock:

/me gets
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:33 am

Wow, that was pretty fun. Definitely lives up to the manga, both in silliness and misunderstandings. In fact, it's a bit sillier than the manga, since the manga didn't have such a brilliant censorship method. :3

Judging from the opening, though, there are a lot of characters I haven't met yet, so I'd better read some more soon so I can get caught up. :up:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:54 pm

This series wins with using I've Sound KOTOKO and MELL for the OP and ED respectively!!! 8-)

And I can imagine Hayate the Combat Butler will be one comedy series that's going to have a chock full anime and other otaku-related references (man, there were quite a number of them in episode 3 alone :shock: ). Interestingly enough,
Spoiler :
Nagi has a pet tiger, and he can talk though only Hayate knows about it! And there's a robot as well.

And Hayate isn't ****za....oh darn! I still want to check out that Playstation 5. :o
The thing that gets to me is that this series replaced the Japanese timeslot for MÄR which just ended a few weeks ago. So that means that: 1) this explains the "censorship", and 2) there's no telling how long this series will last. All well, it is a fun series so far which I don't mind keeping up with. Nagi being an otaku is a plus! 8-)
ImageImage

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:32 pm

Rofl This series is so stupid its actually Hilarious!
Angelx03 wrote:) there's no telling how long this series will last.
What are you talking about? It already ended in episode 2. twice.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:11 am

the tiger was ridiculous -_- that scene alone almost makes this the most random anime ever, but i still find Nagi so adorable, they chose the best possible seiyuu for her XD

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:33 pm

I believe that Tiger also goes by the name Mikuru.

The announcer is taking a break from his pirate ship in Guilty Gear.

And Hayate deserves more credit since he was working at age 4... or something like dat...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Soujiro Seta
Org Profile

Post by Soujiro Seta » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:50 pm

I've seen the first two episodes now. I'm really enjoying it so far. While it has a lot of potential, I just hope it doesn't blaze quickly and hilariously for a short time, then burn out by the end. I don't expect that necessarily, but it's happened before and I'm really hoping that it doesn't happen here.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:37 pm

theres alot more stuff in the manga, so if they stick to the manga I think we are in store for lots more insane stupidness ;p

I've seen upto eps 4 so far and its still kickin strong.
The refrence to Final fantasy 11 online was rather unexpected :lol: Although only fans of the game will probably recognize it. :twisted:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”