Ikki Tousen

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:09 am

Media Works has bought the rights ....

I just started buying the R2 .... and I shall say that the little extra at the end of the 1st disk .... will not make it state side .... :P

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:31 am

JudgeHolden wrote:Media Works has bought the rights ....

I just started buying the R2 .... and I shall say that the little extra at the end of the 1st disk .... will not make it state side .... :P
Ya .... Just watched the extra again ... not going to happen ..... Drooool

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:43 am

Well, I started this show because I saw one of JH's AMVs and thought. "Hmmm... why not?"

I watched the first season in spectacular DVD quality which I enjoyed to its fullest.

Second season was not as nice for me. I noticed a drop in animation quality, and a few characters were noticably redesigned. Had less-than-great avi quality and censor blurs on anything overly violent or more importantly, overly suggestive or nude. Unfortunately, I was unable to find an uncensored version of season 2.
I must say that the show was quite boring until Hakufu showed up. Ryuubi's personality gets on my nerves.

Overall, I love this show. The fights are excellent and the plot is excellent.
The only thing i am overly disappointed about was...
Spoiler :
Ukitsu's death. They could have at least shown her die. They could have made it a more dramatic emotional death, but instead showed her fighting Hakufu's dragon without a finishing move and then mentioning later that she died during the fight.
I am reviving this thread for the sake of the new third season, Great Guardians.
The tone seems to be a lot more comedic than before. So much of a change almost makes me nauseus to watch. There seems to be a plot developing involving the
Spoiler :
dragon in Ryomou's eye
and
Spoiler :
Ryofu somehow being alive wtf
and perhaps,
Spoiler :
Hakufu's mysterious little sister out of the blue
So far, I don't like where the third season is going. I think they should cut the crap and get to the plot.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:15 am

I'v only seen DD on DVD, and to me the animation was far better and the fights far more dynamic. As for the censorship, you must have been watching rips directly from Japanese TV, for nothing is covered up on the R2 dvds. :P

BTW, DD will not have an English dub when it is released in the US. :evil:

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:59 pm

Yeah, the dub I liked actually...

Also, I like Great Guardians. Ep 3 has flash backs used to build char. development [aside from blatant non-hentai scenes and wild fights]

The preview for ep four has Kanu fighting Shiryu Chou'un... AWESOME preview...

Get more sex in there damnit. How can one series have sooo much ya know, 'stuff' and the only sexy we get is 2 chars waaayy off camera

Just make it a hentai anyway, Yuji Shiozaki wouldn't disapprove...

heh

MUST HAVE OP SONG, IKKI TOUSEN ROX WITH MUSIC AT THE VERY LEAST ^^

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:59 pm

doh* I meant ED song...

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:18 am

Im sorry, but I am dropping Great Guardians.
At this point, I'm sure they're just pulling the plot out of their ass. It's focusing more on the ecchi; less fights and more shallow attempts at being funny with the characters. Episodes 4 and 5 were just fucking idiotic. It might as well be a 4-koma now, with the incredible lack of structure and drama, but then again, 4-koma is actually entertaining, not like this shitty imitation.

This is exactly why I stopped watching ABC. :(

Good game, folks. Time for sleep.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:12 am

Killng sharks via barehands and swords and funhouse rapez0rs and watching Kakouton's odd comeback and following property damage just doesn't cut it for some people...

Of course, if Myousai got hit by that, we'd be short another character! 0_0 People are making odd resurrected comebacks so I'm definitely up to see how it's all happening.

Much better than the 2nd season's odd take on the show but the first series was closest to the manga.

What really sucks is that the manga is plenty long enough for the animators to REALLY make a good story out of, I wonder what the fek the producers are thinking... Not that I mind the fanservice really, I live in acceptance to my ID closer than most...

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”