Hellsing Ultimate

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:46 pm

DocturKnowles wrote:Just watched Ep 2. I really dislike the dopey humorous animation for Seras. I know she's supposed to be the comic relief for the series but it's really annoying to go from a serious flashback involving Alucard to the mansion looking like a giant Jell-O castle. I'd ditch the show altogether if it wasn't for the incredible Alucard sequences.

The sad thing is that Seras is pretty cool when she gets ticked off. I wish the director would cut out this kiddy shit.
Well, that's what you get when the whole point is to try to keep things as close to the manga as possible.

Personally, I liked how the TV series dealt more with Victoria's having to come to terms with her new identity and gave the story more of a human element, but oh well. It can't be denied that the OAV really nails Hirano's visual style.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Thrior
Org Profile

Post by Thrior » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:15 pm

I love Hellsing Ultimate. It's MUCH MUCH better than the first Hellsing anime. This follows the original story without making the characters totally OOC or adding some useless shit. Also... the animation and artwork is superb and it really captures the real atmospere of Hellsing.

DocturKnowles
Org Profile

Post by DocturKnowles » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:11 am

Okay. Got the 3rd DVD last week and watched it - jolly good time. There are a few more silly animated scenes, but my bitching about it won't change anything - so don't mind me.

With Geneon going under (or was that just a rumor?) can we expect new releases in the states?

Ginger Gouki
Org Profile

Post by Ginger Gouki » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:38 am

Someone's probably pointed this out already, but the TV series was sposed to follow the manga alot more. Look at the early trailers and the Major is clearly there in all his chubby nazi nus.

Just for those who didnt know.
"Its 16kg, 39cm and holds 6+1 13mm rounds, each shell is made from a baptized linkin park album and the casings are pure Konoha head-bands. No freak fanboy could eat these and come back for more"

DocturKnowles
Org Profile

Post by DocturKnowles » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:47 am

Actually, the TV series didn't follow the manga that well at all - or so I've been told.
I've never read the manga myself. There certainly were no Nazis in the original TV series.

The new OVAs, however, are supposed to be rather spot on. Can anyone who's read the series confirm this?

Wolfy2hk
Org Profile

Post by Wolfy2hk » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:57 am

DocturKnowles wrote:The new OVAs, however, are supposed to be rather spot on. Can anyone who's read the series confirm this?
Yes the OVA's are directly tied with the manga, the TV series only followed the manga for like up to 6 episodes, but it was very loosely followed

infohigh
Org Profile

Post by infohigh » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:13 am

I'm so psyched about this. I just found about the OVA today! I loved the original, and didn't mind Incognito ONE little BIT.
<a href="http://www.extrafunnyvideos.com">Laugh at funny videos every day</a> | <a href="http://www.freeonlineanime.net/">Watch Online Anime</a> | <a href="http://www.animegiftstore.com/">Buy Cosplay and Doujinshi stuff</a>

Shirow_XL
Org Profile

Post by Shirow_XL » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:15 am

OVAs kinda better than TV, but the core remains the same, crap...

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:30 pm

OVA 4 finally has a release date: February 22, 2008. So at least we have a date now, but man did they push that a lot...

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:57 pm

They pushed it a lot indeed..
It's gonna be 2 volumes in 1 ova though, no?
We get nazi vampires, Schro and Rip Van Winkle in one ova, yay.
Everyone seen the trailer? Schro looks awesome..

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”