Hellsing Ultimate

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Fionn
Org Profile

Post by Fionn » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:25 am

Scheisse! I have to get it!

P.S.,Noob adding his opinion: Yes, I love that the OVA is following the manga storyline-not only is the animation, save for the "funny" sequences, of higher quality than the TV series, and not only is lame-ass Incognito history, but this way, my sister, who's into anime but not wapanese enough to read manga, will be able to enjoy the entire story. Still, I love the TV series, if only for Yasushi Ishii's music, and for it being the first anime I watched "as a grown up" (you know, not the American dubbed Pokemon, way back in the nineties).
"Oh shit, the stars!"

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:55 pm

Hey, just wanted to clear something up very quickly.
During OVA 2, while Alucard is fighting Luke Valentine in his basement/dungeon, one of the characters calls "check" at 27:52.
My friend thinks its Luke Valentine saying "check", I'm quite certain its Alucard. Thoughts on this are appreciated.
*sips tea*

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:53 pm

I first would like to say that, as a non-reader of manga, I was ultimately disappointed by Rip Van Winkle. She didn't need to be crying so much of the time.
Also, the Major talks too much.

Other than that, it was COMPLETELY EPIC.
I especially loved the most random ending sequence I have ever seen.
This was my favorite picture:
[img=http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4825 ... ol4tq3.jpg][/img]

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:54 pm

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:47 am

Ishbalan wrote:I first would like to say that, as a non-reader of manga, I was ultimately disappointed by Rip Van Winkle. She didn't need to be crying so much of the time.
Also, the Major talks too much.

Other than that, it was COMPLETELY EPIC.
I especially loved the most random ending sequence I have ever seen.
This was my favorite picture:
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4825 ... ol4tq3.jpg]
The first time I watched it (because I've watched it four or five times by now), I just scrolled back and rewatched those credits when they were over.. \o/

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:35 am

a bit too much talking but the animations was awesome as usual O:

SIEG HEIL!

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:53 pm

I had mixed feelings about Episode 4. Agreed that Rip Van Winkle cried too much. She did the same in the manga... but it was more like a page or two of sheer terror before she pulled herself together and attacked. In the anime it was a bit silly... she was sitting these whining for what seemed like forever.

I don't think the Major talked too much at all. In fact, I thought his speeches were really what made the episode. The final speech where he went on about how much he loved war... I thought that was great. I think it explained his motivation even more clearly than anywhere in the manga. He really just becomes the embodiment for the love of violence and the adrenaline rush that comes with it.

I guess what annoyed me about Episode 4 was that so little actually happened. At the beginning of the episode, the Major was taking off in the blimp to start the war... and at the end of the episode he's still taking off in the blimp to go start the war! I mean, really... geez. All that happened was that Rip Van Winkle cried a lot and the major ranted about how great war was. That was it... that was the episode. Get on with it already!

So, yeah. Now I'm anxiously awaiting Episode 5, and knowing how slow these guys are, I'm sure we won't see it for at least 6 months. Grr.

Epiosde 2 with the Valentine Brothers is still the best episode...

Weirdlet
Org Profile

Post by Weirdlet » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:47 pm

Where are you guys getting your copies? I've searched Amazon and my local Best Buy and Borders, and they're all saying nothing of the sort is available.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:08 pm

Weirdlet wrote:Where are you guys getting your copies? I've searched Amazon and my local Best Buy and Borders, and they're all saying nothing of the sort is available.
Get the japanese r2 version ;) Soft Subbs for the ova shouldnt be too hard to find on the net.

Weirdlet
Org Profile

Post by Weirdlet » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:02 pm

I think I'd prefer the version with the metal case and Crispin Freeman's voice.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”