Pumpkin Scissors

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Pumpkin Scissors

Post by paizuri » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:36 pm

This is the official Pumpkin Scissors discussion thread.

Official site (japanese)

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:25 pm

i've actually been somewhat entralled by this show. Its not something that completely grabs you the first episode, but for some reason, you just go back for more ;p The story seems pretty interesting and somewhat original, in a way the atmosphere of the show reminds me of that of Scrapped princess. It has its fair share of Drama, comedy, and maybe even slight hints of a possible romance, though its still too early for that. The story is situated after a butal war leaving the land baren and scared, the survivors must try to rebuild basically from almost nothing, The Pumkin Sissors is a group in the military that is to aid people in this recovery work, and provide war releif from bandits and other such hostilities left over from the war. The Main femal protagonist reminds me alot of the girl in Scrapped princess, with her Hotheadedness and strong sense of duty. One of the things about this series that draws me to wan to find out how this folds out, is the Male protagonist though, as he is a modified weapon created for anti-tank combat, with a blue lantern they call the light of the will-o-wisp that guides them, basically makes them disregard their life to accomplish their mission, making them near unstoppable. (almost like a Berserk mode, though he seems to have more control over his senses than a Berserker). He seems to be drawn in by the girl's determination to releive the people of their post war suffering.

This is interesting enough to keep me following it for the time being. I'd like to see how this unfolds :up:

gravityrules
Org Profile

Post by gravityrules » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:53 pm

Meh - I don't think the story seems that original thus far. I think it's safe to say there's gonna be some sort of romance between the main characters, and I forsee them encountering more problems caused by the army and the goverment ...

ex.
In the first episode the bandits are being kind of supported by the government, in the third episode the government made the villagers repair the tunnel and didn't pay them.... For some reason I can't remember the second episode :oops: I think we're probably gonna see more of this in the future until eventually the unit conflicts directly with the government.
That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed it thus far. The mix of drama/comedy/romance is nice, and obviously the animation is good - being Gonzo and whatnot. I'll defintely keep watching, but I hope there is some sort of plot twist. I'd rather not see it follow my predictions. :wink:
Ranch dressing.
I challenge you to sit there and really examine the taste of it with your tongue and tell me what it's made out of, without looking at the bottle.
It doesn't taste like what it's made out of, does it?

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:38 am

While watching this, I'm being reminded of Scrapped Princess and Fullmetal Alchemist somewhat. Both of those series had a twist in the plot that turned up the enjoyment and interest factor. Hopefully, Pumpkin Scissors does the same. I'm trying to figure out which of the characters introduced so far will die in a future episode.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

gravityrules
Org Profile

Post by gravityrules » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:39 pm

Hmmmm.... Episode 4.....

That little bit at the beginning seemed to indicate that there definitely is something going on behind the scenes in this, so hopefully we will get that plot twist. :wink:

On the other hand...
I was gonna laugh if somebody died just like Willen predicted. My bets were on the little guy, Machs, and then he almost gets run over.... But of course is saved by the protagonist.... I kinda saw that coming. The dream sequence at the beginning - now that was odd. And when that cat scraped his face - did he not even feel it? Sometimes this show gives me the shivers.
Still, it was an entertaining episode, and it was nice that it flowed from the last one.
Ranch dressing.
I challenge you to sit there and really examine the taste of it with your tongue and tell me what it's made out of, without looking at the bottle.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:30 pm

gravityrules wrote: And when that cat scraped his face - did he not even feel it?
The guy is obviously numb to pain. (or rather more likely that hes used to it)
He didn't even flinch at the tank canon blasting right past the side of his face, and his legs being impaled,
which I imagine hurts alot more than a little cat scratch ;p

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:11 pm

The show's going to have to move in a different direction soon. They've already used this guy in a similar set up several times.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying it a lot.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:49 am

looks like we'll be soon finding out some info on the corporals past...
Machs started investigating the corporals past himself worried that he would be a threat to section III, but at the end of this episode due to an event that happens there, he decides to give up and apologizes for doubting him. However, one of the things he found out was the science devision pushed to have him assigned to Section III, and someone from that department appears at the end of the episode. forewarning?
Also on a side note, Apparently the corporal is also very well equipped.... :shock: :lol:

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:30 am

Bakadeshi wrote:Also on a side note, Apparently the corporal is also very well equipped.... :shock: :lol:
And that nurse is pretty bold...
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

gravityrules
Org Profile

Post by gravityrules » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:28 pm

I didn't really like episode 6 - it was a little too sappy i guess, too little action. Episode 7 was better though - i definitely don't trust this new Leonir guy though... I don't know why. Maybe it's the way his hair falls infront of his face. :wink: I don't know why I notice hair styles so much.
Ranch dressing.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”