Negima!?

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:37 am

Bwahaha, episode 4 was strange and LOL at the same time (hell, it SCREAMS an usual Pani Poni Dash episode :lol:). But of course, this episode started a new arc. :wink:

And there's two new characters where one looks like pickle and another looking like some odd fat cat. I don't think they were originally in the manga. :roll:

But basically....
....something called a Star Crystal has been stolen, and it's up to Negi to get it back. There's also a bunch of black blobs roaming around the campus (of which Asuna and the gang thought it was a chupacabara :lol:) that has the ability to control people like it did to Evangeline.

Also Nodoka has made her pactio contract with Negi though we don't get to see her powers since she was nearly <s>raped by tentacles</s> captured by vines. Luckily, Evangeline saved her. And also, Asuna gets her second transformation which includes her using a fan.
That little RPG segment with Negi, Asuna, and Nodoka was pretty amusing. And there's a second ED sequence, and it involves dancing CHIBIS!!! 8-)
ImageImage

Negi-sensei14
Org Profile

Post by Negi-sensei14 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Danceing Chibi's??? lol umm hey..I'm new here and I havent had a chance to see Negima!? yet but I would have to say...from what I've read i'm gonna have to lol...
I also planned on reading Negima! because of the things that were missing from the anime.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:06 pm

just got ep4 myself...homework is preventing me from watching it...

and Negi-sensei14: you sig and avatar are way too big
limit for your avatar is 100x100
limit for one pic in your sig is 40x600

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:06 pm

Negi-sensei14 wrote:Danceing Chibi's??? lol umm hey..I'm new here and I havent had a chance to see Negima!? yet but I would have to say...from what I've read i'm gonna have to lol...
I also planned on reading Negima! because of the things that were missing from the anime.
first, check the Forum rules more specifically #s 2-4 on avatar and sig sizes, and correct accordingly. Secondly, welcome to the org ^^

Yea, this second series as I understand it, will still differ from the manga, but takes a more magical battle approach to the story than the first, and less uh, fan service.

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:59 am

Spoilers @ Ep 4 wrote:Nodoka and Negi, sitting in a tree. K I S S I N G.
:P

This episode definitely seemed to have more of a WTF factor than the previous three.

Discuss.
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:38 am

Hahaha, Nodoka REALLY took her time when she did that pactio ritual with Negi! She didn't want it to end. :lol:
ImageImage

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:20 pm

angelx03 wrote:
Hahaha, Nodoka REALLY took her time when she did that pactio ritual with Negi! She didn't want it to end. :lol:
haha I laughed at that part aswell, She was my favorite girl in the manga and first tv show, and I'm also liking her already in this new series :lol:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:54 am

ep4 was pretty good...but I miss the Baka rangers :cry:

compared to the first series...I like Nodoka in this one better (shy...but not like she'd been abused by men shy as in the first series)

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:34 am

Episode 5.......

/end episode! :o

Her awesomeness has also pretty much toppled Chisame's popularity as well! :lol:

The editing and pacing of this episode was really insane, but here are the main points that happened:
- Negi activated Nodoka's cosplay card which allowed her to read through the minds of other people via her diary picture book.

- Asuna's chupacabara hunt is still there.

- The enemy is back, and it used a growing tree branch to capture Konoka.

- Negi tried to activate Asuna's powers, but she ended up as a chibi boar. According to Chamo, Negi has 1 out of 3 chance of choosing a "dud" card which render's the girls completely useless in battle (but they look SO CUTE; kill the enemy with cuteness, I say!!! :oops:).

- Setsuna ended up setting her free, but she was unable to catch the falling Konoka in the process. Negi ended up saving her.

- Now that Setsuna and Konoka knows that Negi has magic powers, Konoka took it upon herself to have Negi to make a contract with her.

- In the end, Chisame, Kaede, and Yuuna were brainwashed by the enemy and attacked Negi and the others.
The OP sequence changed a bit with Ku Fei, Makie, and class representative Ayaka singing it. Onward to episode 6! 8-)
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:37 am

Episode 6.......HOLY FU**ING SHIT, that was by far the most awesome episode I have ever seen from this series!!!! :shock:

We got some comedy here and there, but the actions scenes......dammit, someone make an AMV out of this!!! :x
Those 3 girls who were brainwashed were about to attack so Negi activated Asuna's, Nodoka', and Konoka's pactio cards. To his dismay, he drew out 3 dud cards so Setsuna stepped in to fight off the attack. This gave Negi enough time to teleport the others to another place.

While replenishing the girls' hunger, Konoka suggested that Setsuna should make a contract with Negi so Setsuna can be stronger (and not to mention it'll be like getting an indirect kiss from Konoka....CUE YURI FANTASY SCENE 8-) )

The group then wandered and ended up at some castle. Then Chisame, Kaede, and Yuuna appeared and began their attack. Negi tried to activate the girls' cards again and was able to successfully activate their most powerful form. With it, Nodoka has the ability to predict enemies movement, and Konoka uses those fortune telling chopsticks has her weapons (she was pretty damn good at it :shock:).

Afterwards, everyone regrouped inside the castle where Nodoka used her powers to research of how to get out of the place. She mentioned that Negi has to seal the fairy. So while the powered-up girls were fighting against the brainwashed girls, Negi and Setsuna set their sights on the fairy. When Negi was about to seal it awhile, the fairy did a surprised attack and trapped the two. Negi's magic and Setsuna's blade were ineffective. Also the girls' powers went out so the fairy took the opportunity to capture them. Setsuna has no choice but have Negi make a contract with her. Once that's done, Negi then activated her most powerful pactio card which has her in wings (her stance suspiciously looks like the Freedom Gundam from Gundam SEED). And with Setsuna's new powers, she COMPLETELY owned those girls and saved Asuna, Nodoka, and Konoka in the process. And Negi successfully sealed the fairy away.
This brought tears of joy in my eyes! :cry:

Next episode seems to concentrate on that ghost girl Sayo. And the ED sequence included chibi Konoka playing the tamborine.
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”