Death Note

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Death Note

Post by paizuri » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:20 pm

This is the official Death Note discussion thread.

Official site (japanese, requires Flash)
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:19 am

Now since Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni ended, I guess this series should give me my horror, mystery fix, right? :o

Quite of bit of hype is going on with this. Not surprising since this is in fact part of the Shounen Jump (or in America, Shounen Jump Advance), and it's actually something really compeling and stimulating unlike your other shounen action series. Staff info is found here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=6592

...and the first episode should premiere around tommorrow.
ImageImage

Ivvan Cain
Org Profile

Post by Ivvan Cain » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:11 pm

Aw...but before the anime I want to see the liveaction movie...I heard the CGI death god was awesome.

hikaru101
Org Profile

Post by hikaru101 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:35 pm

you think ryuk looked cool, he looked kinda weird to me. well i hav read the books 1-7.

Ivvan Cain
Org Profile

Post by Ivvan Cain » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:10 am

hikaru101 wrote:you think ryuk looked cool, he looked kinda weird to me. well i hav read the books 1-7.
Nonono, I think he looks good in live action movie in full CGI...otherwise in the manga he just looks freakishly disturbing...in the good way.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:51 am

is this new series and full length manga in any relation to the oneshot the same author originally did back around the time of Hikaru no go? I heard it was the popularity of the one shot that caused him to make the full length series, but I wonder if the story is in any way related to that of the oneshot, or if its something completely different.

The main character was a small boy in the oneshot, from what i've seen in pictures and such, looks to be alot older in this one.

In anycase, this seems to have alot of popularity surrounding the manga, probably close to that of bleach, so I'm interested in checking this out.

Psygnius
Org Profile

Post by Psygnius » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:07 pm

I've read the one-shot story as well as all of Death Note. The stories have the same general idea, but they are not related. The boy in the one-shot isn't the same person that finds the Death Note in the manga, nor does the one-shot boy ever make a cameo in the manga either.

Ivvan Cain
Org Profile

Post by Ivvan Cain » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:46 pm

I still find it odd that Death Note had a cameo in Full Metal Panic!! The Second Raid.

Psygnius
Org Profile

Post by Psygnius » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:20 am

I just finished watch FMP: 2nd Raid for the second time now, and I really didn't see a cameo from Death Note. Are you talking about Mr. Gates kinda acting like Mello from Death Note in some scenes?

I wouldn't even really call it a cameo, since he really ISN'T Mello. Their personalities are really that close, nor do they really even look alike. It's more like a very slightly hinted homage. I think there was only one scene where Mr. Gates was even eating something.

Other than that, I really can't think of anyone else acting like any other Death Note character.

Psygnius
Org Profile

Post by Psygnius » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:20 am

EDIT: I meant to say "Their personalities really are NOT that close"

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”