Saiyuki

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
underworld_princess
Org Profile

Post by underworld_princess » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:56 am

Yeah, i know what you mean. It's like Sanzo's the big exception in the entire series ^^;

But what about Gojyo, i know he's half demon and all.....but after all that killing, wouldn't he have already turned into a full demon by now??? Even if he is a demon by blood....half-demon....whatever........

And what's up with Dokukaguji???? Why is he fighting his own little brother???....okay, half-brother= =
Beware the Princess of the UnderWorld, mwahahahahahaha....*coughs*. ^_^;

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:18 am

For some reason this reminds me of a Saiyuki movie (not sure what's it's called because I've got it in my language) anyway...It was dark and the gang found themselves in a forest. They saw this mansion so they decided to stay for the night...blah blah blah...yeah yeah...anyhow...it turns out to be a trap but the guy that was responsible was a guy that Sanzo knew before. He seems to be obsessed with Sanzo or something, because when they finally meet, he said something like, "I've killed a thousand youkai so I'm like Hakkai, I've dyed my hair red so I'm like Gojyo and I've known you since (however many years ago he said) so I'm like Goku..."

Ah...gives me the creeps. But anyway, yeah, I don't know why but it just suddenly reminded me of this particular part of this movie. Again, I'm not sure what's it's called, please forgive me.

Ivvan Cain
Org Profile

Post by Ivvan Cain » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:37 pm

anime_flower wrote:For some reason this reminds me of a Saiyuki movie ...
Erm...what is this? Not quite sure what you are talking about.

Though I'm pretty sure the movie was Saiyuki Requiem.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=2269

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:01 pm

Don't try to make sense of this thread thus far, though adding sense would be lovely.

If you haven't seen it yet, anyone, please do yourselves a favor and avoid Requiem. They cover reasonably similar ground muuuuuch better in the "Kami-sama" arc of Reload. (Again, this franchise is hit or miss.)

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:20 am

SarahtheBoring wrote:If you haven't seen it yet, anyone, please do yourselves a favor and avoid Requiem. They cover reasonably similar ground muuuuuch better in the "Kami-sama" arc of Reload.
I actually really like the movie. The plot isn't all that great, but the animation is pretty. Plus, it's the last time we get to hear the original Saiyuki dub cast.

/gensomaden dub fan :P

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:52 pm

*inverse* wrote:I actually really like the movie. The plot isn't all that great, but the animation is pretty. Plus, it's the last time we get to hear the original Saiyuki dub cast.

/gensomaden dub fan :P
Well... I think the manga and artbooks are usually much prettier than the anime, so I tend not to consider even the not-bad-for-a-dog parts of the anime as pretty pretty. ;)

The villain struck me as kinda lame, that's all. A weird idea, and it may have made an interesting filler episode, but that was a lot of buildup for not much payoff. I mean, I don't regret watching it, but I am glad that I rented it instead of buying.

underworld_princess
Org Profile

Post by underworld_princess » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:28 am

I know what you mean, SarahtheBoring, the manga series compared to the anime series is a lot better in art. It flows a lot better in the manga than in the anime. I don't know, it just looks better. It's tlike the author of the manga liked the characters better on paper than on screen........anyhow.....i don't really get that part you mentioned AnimeFlower, could you be a bit more specific???? ^^;

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:52 am

underworld_princess wrote:I know what you mean, SarahtheBoring, the manga series compared to the anime series is a lot better in art. It flows a lot better in the manga than in the anime. I don't know, it just looks better. It's tlike the author of the manga liked the characters better on paper than on screen........anyhow.....i don't really get that part you mentioned AnimeFlower, could you be a bit more specific???? ^^;
I remembered when I was watching the movie and there is a character in there who liked/admired Sanzo so much, he decided to become everyone that's near Sanzo. He dyed his hair red like Gojyo, he killed a thousand youkai and became a youkai like Hakkai and he has known Sanzo before Goku...so he was like, I'm better than any one of them. Don't know, I was just thinking of that little scene when I was typing. It's completely random and came out of no where, sorry everyone :oops:

underworld_princess
Org Profile

Post by underworld_princess » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:41 am

No, don't be. It was worth knowing.....man that guy must be obsessed....is it the kid that was introduced to Sanzo when he was still a kid and his Master didn't die yet??? I don't know, but it makes me think of that particular kid....i think he also became a sanzo or a priest of some level^^;

Ivvan Cain
Org Profile

Post by Ivvan Cain » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:11 am

You mean the kid that use to follow the sanzo that becomes the crazy doctor guy that always has a doll with him?

That kid wasn't a sanzo or a priest of any level. He just inheritted the crazy Sanzo's house. The kid did try to steal Sanzo's scroll but that didn't go so well.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”