Noein

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Nunchuck wrote:Noein really gives you something to think about hasteroth! It's the best thing you can watch right now^^ I really enjoyed the series and even watched it twice. There is so much you can't figure out wachting it only once.

Have fun :wink:
Somebody being positive in my presence? I'm honestly a little scared.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:38 pm

the kid has a reason, actually lots of reasons, to be emo. for what they're worth, they're all quite believable as well: a distraught, psychotic mother; cram school;lack of free time; among other things not included in their present original universe.

btw, if you liked Noein, pick up Dennou Coil and Ghost Hound. They're all intellectually stimulating and the artwork is consistently top notch.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Lyrs wrote:the kid has a reason, actually lots of reasons, to be emo. for what they're worth, they're all quite believable as well: a distraught, psychotic mother; cram school;lack of free time; among other things not included in their present original universe.

btw, if you liked Noein, pick up Dennou Coil and Ghost Hound. They're all intellectually stimulating and the artwork is consistently top notch.
Not really interesting in those. Maybe Ghost Hound but not right now. Currently I am really into anime like Clannad and Kanon. As well as Comic Party.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:49 pm

hasteroth wrote:
Lyrs wrote:the kid has a reason, actually lots of reasons, to be emo. for what they're worth, they're all quite believable as well: a distraught, psychotic mother; cram school;lack of free time; among other things not included in their present original universe.

Not really interested in those. Maybe Ghost Hound but not right now. Currently I am really into anime like Clannad and Kanon. As well as Comic Party.
fix'd

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:01 pm

Well Rightstuf is having a sale where the box set is half off... And I was wondering if this series is worth it?

I read through the posts on here saying how good it is, but is it really worth buying? :o

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:03 pm

It is an okay show, but I wouldn't buy it myself. I'd say buy it if you are really into the heavy sci-fi stuff. This is as about as Sci-Fi as it gets.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Ishbalan wrote:It is an okay show, but I wouldn't buy it myself. I'd say buy it if you are really into the heavy sci-fi stuff. This is as about as Sci-Fi as it gets.
speak for yourself, noien is awesome. I'd totally buy it at half off.
ok I am exsadurating just a bit, but I do honestly think its worth buying if you like this kind of show. I expected a little more from the ending than what I got, but I've seen worse. all in all its got a good story, good character development, and is an anime that makes you think.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:11 am

So if you like Mecha stuff also? Or purely time related stuff? :o

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:09 am

There isn't a hint of mecha in Noein....

I wouldn't buy it, honestly. It's not that interesting. Though it is one of my many favorite animes due to it's depth.
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”