Digimon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby Beast Spear » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:25 pm

HyperTails wrote:
pinky75910 wrote:And we have still no idea how they're handling aniki.

Oops, guess I forgot to mention that. "Aniki" will be translated to "boss".

Wow, that's not a good translation.

"Master" if it had to be changed should be "boss"
while Aniki is better as "sir" rather than "boss".
Care about the video itself, not what format it's in.
Beast Spear

Postby HyperTails » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:04 pm

Beast Spear wrote:
HyperTails wrote:

"Aniki" translates to "brother" or "boss", and it's meant to be boss in this situation. I find nothing wrong with that at all.

Supposedly "master" was changed to "sir" because "master" sounds more like ownership instead of respect (and since they never had a backstory for Thomas and Gaomon, it can't be said if Gaomon considered him his owner or not). I still don't like it though, since Gaomon actually called him "master" in English and it sounds better too.
HyperTails

Postby Beast Spear » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:06 pm

HyperTails wrote:
Beast Spear wrote:
HyperTails wrote:

"Aniki" translates to "brother" or "boss", and it's meant to be boss in this situation. I find nothing wrong with that at all.

Supposedly "master" was changed to "sir" because "master" sounds more like ownership instead of respect (and since they never had a backstory for Thomas and Gaomon, it can't be said if Gaomon considered him his owner or not). I still don't like it though, since Gaomon actually called him "master" in English and it sounds better too.

I know what they mean, but I think switching them would be a better choice in my opinion...
Care about the video itself, not what format it's in.
Beast Spear

Postby pinky75910 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:53 pm

It's an unexplained mystery why that type of relationship exists between them. i guess the dubbers didn't want to give the kiddies the wrong kind of idea. It all depends on how they say it.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239
pinky75910

Postby HyperTails » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:10 pm

Toon Disney has recently started showing promos for Data Squad. From the sound of things, "Digi-Soul charge!" has been changed to "DNA charge!". Why was this change made?
HyperTails

Postby pinky75910 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:09 pm

HyperTails wrote:Toon Disney has recently started showing promos for Data Squad. From the sound of things, "Digi-Soul charge!" has been changed to "DNA charge!". Why was this change made?

No way, he says DigiSoul Charge in the game.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

pinky75910

Postby HyperTails » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:16 pm

pinky75910 wrote:
HyperTails wrote:Toon Disney has recently started showing promos for Data Squad. From the sound of things, "Digi-Soul charge!" has been changed to "DNA charge!". Why was this change made?

No way, he says DigiSoul Charge in the game.

Supposedly the change was decided after the game by someone who works above Jeff Nimoy, so he's not to blame for this decision.
HyperTails

Postby HyperTails » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:07 pm

I played Digimon World Data Squad, and from the voices I've heard so far, Marcus and Agumon can sound rather annoying at times in my opinion, though that may just be because it's the game and not the anime.

I haven't heard Thomas and Gaomon's voices yet, though Gaomon has different game VA anyway, so it wouldn't matter too much.

Kudamon definitely sounds much different than I expected, but his voice does fit him enough to the point where it isn't bad. It does work fairly well with Sampson's voice.

Miki, Megumi, and Yoshino all sound pretty good to me.
HyperTails

Postby TRTrunks2 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:42 am

meh, i lost interest in digimon after digimon 2.
1 and 2 were awesome, way way better than Pokemon.
I spent my childhood watching db and digimon so i saw like all eps twice on tv when i was a kid.
Digimon rulez.
TRTrunks2

Postby HyperTails » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:34 am

Well, I've heard Keenan's voice now; it fits him great in my opinion. Of the characters Siddal's voiced that I've heard, Keenan's voic more closely resembles Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN.

Falcomon hasn't spoken yet, so I don't know how well his voice fits.
HyperTails

Postby HyperTails » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:01 pm

I honestly can't connect Falcomon's voice to any of Steven Blum's previous voices. For Falcomon's "Shuririken" attack, he sounds a tiny bit like Roger Smith from Big O, but most other times it sounds like something completely new. I haven't heard all of his character voices yet, but I don't recognize it. As for how well it fits, it's okay, just takes a bit getting used to.

There are also times when Keenan sounds like a more gruff version of Tommy.
HyperTails

Postby HyperTails » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:16 pm

Well everyone, tonight's the night Data Squad premieres! Here's hoping it's a good dub.
HyperTails

Postby pinky75910 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:52 am

Ok, DDS = Awesome.

It is weird however hearing Syllabus and Ovan team up.

"But boss! I have to admit you look pretty yummy sometimes..." Jeff Nimoy is writing this show... Appropriate that he voices one of the extras. Yoshi! Arrest that man!!

DNACharge = wrongness.

Love Agumon and Kamemon's voice and the new theme song! How long has he been waiting to say "Agumon, Digivolve!"

Can't wait to hear Lalamon use her trademark humor.

I didn't notice how much the burger place looks like McDonald's..

Where *was* Masaru hiding Agumon? He doesn't live there.

Has Dats *ever* been as direct with anyone else in a similar situation as Masaru?

They never explained what DATS stands for. When did Yoshino change into her DATS uniform on her way in?

Satsuma's gotten a promotion.

I must applaud Nimoy for restraining himself, no chicken jokes. However, it seems they *have* forgotten how to pronounce Kokitorimon.

"It's Fightin' time!" (Meant to say "Clobberin' time, but it's trademarked.)

Miki sounds like she's never seen a digimon turn into a digiegg before.

How does Agumon know what cheese is?

All in all, it made me happy.

pinky75910

Postby HyperTails » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:20 am

I've got to admit that Agumon didn't sound as annoying as he did in the game, it fit him pretty well.

Since they gave Kamemon a voice so early, it makes you wonder how they're going to handle the scene in a later episode when he speaks for the first.

The theme song is interesting, but it's too short compared to the others.

Overall, seeing how the it was mostly unedited, I am pleased with how it's turned out so far.
HyperTails

Postby Hagaren Viper » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:01 am

http://groups. myspace.com/jeffnimoyexperience

Jeff Nimoy has a fansite, and he is happy to answer questions, inluding those about Digimon: Data Squad. Go join, show your love, give your thanks! If you like the dub, let him know!

The fansite is through myspace; the voiceactors for Yoshino, Marcus/Masaru and Kristy/Chika (Colleen, Mellissa Fhan and Quinton Flynn respectively) also have myspace accounts, and i'm sure they would love to hear feedback.

Jeff, Colleen and Mellissa have also been appearing around http://the digiport.com/ basicly to say hi. I don't know if or when they will be back, because a BIG arguement broke out there today, inlucding much bashing of Jeff Nimoy. But they may be back, and who knows, maybe other guests will come along eventually! Keep an eye out; they've only spoken through the comments on the newsboard, but maybe they'll show up on the forums eventually?

(remove the spaces in the links)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hagaren Viper

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion