Digimon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:01 am

Here's a list of my favorite seasons:

1. Adventure
2. Zero Two
3. Savers
4. Tamers
5. Frontier

I strongly disliked the fourth season. It's the only one I didn't even bother watching all the way through. I didn't like Tamers too much, but the series did pick up my interest a little bit after the introduction of the D-Reaper. I like Savers, because it goes to back to the basics for the most part. It's nowhere near as good as Adventure and Zero Two in my eyes, but I still enjoy it to a great extent.

My favorite Digimon would probably be (in no particular order) Gaomon, Elecmon, Veemon, Gatomon, Gomamon, Beelzemon, and Gabumon.

yumi+chan
Org Profile

Post by yumi+chan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:11 am

I really like Digimon^^
But I don't really like Frontier, ich like the seasons best how the came out actually :P
And I really wanna see Digimon Savers^^

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:29 pm

How much of Frontier have you seen? 'Cause like I said earlier, it seems cheezy at first, but when you get farther in the series it turns out to be great. Especially when the mid-season character appears, and there's one in every season so why bother spoilering it? XD

Erinn
Org Profile

Post by Erinn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:59 pm

Hey hey, ppl, stop dissing Frontier! You're missing the whole basic point! It doesnt matter if they have partner Digimon, what matters is the journey and the teamwork they go through! And Frontier had ALOT of that in it, it was different and they didnt always win, which is why I liked it. It showed true hardships and not to give up even in the last moments of death. Savers, though, was interesting until ep 8 and above, then it went down...it's always Masaru this, Masaru that.....where's the teamwork? Digimon is all about teamwork and finding the stronger you...not blast away the Digimon in a one hit wonder...

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:17 am

I've seen the first half of Frontier. I've watched a few more of the episodes recently, just to go ahead and attempt to finish it. I still don't really like it.

I agree with you on Savers right now, Masaru is getting too much spotlight. I was a little annoyed with episode 8. The whole episode was based around Yoshino, and she didn't even fight, she rarely does. At least we'll be seeing the Ultimate (or Perfect by Japanese ranks) levels soon in the series. I wonder how they plan on pulling that off? I'm just hoping the storyline picks up a little bit. I don't mind the character development episodes, but they're putting them too close together with little action in them.

Also, I want to add Kudamon to my list of favorite Digimon. Sure he doesn't do anything, but I still like him.

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:08 am

Erinn wrote:Hey hey, ppl, stop dissing Frontier! You're missing the whole basic point! It doesnt matter if they have partner Digimon, what matters is the journey and the teamwork they go through! And Frontier had ALOT of that in it, it was different and they didnt always win, which is why I liked it. It showed true hardships and not to give up even in the last moments of death. Savers, though, was interesting until ep 8 and above, then it went down...it's always Masaru this, Masaru that.....where's the teamwork? Digimon is all about teamwork and finding the stronger you...not blast away the Digimon in a one hit wonder...
Seconded. I thought it was a breath of fresh air from the usual formula.
¯\(°_o)/¯

UnseenDeath
Org Profile

Post by UnseenDeath » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:06 pm

i Love Digimon! the movie was amazing i barrowed from a friend surprisingly the music in the movie is amazing
We fear that pop-culture is the only culture we're ever going to have.We want to stop reading magazines. Stop watching T.V. Stop caring about Hollywood. But we're addicted to the things we hate

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:08 pm

Yay, things are finally picking up in Savers! Now we have an actual enemy, and the ultimate levels will be appearing in the next episode.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:25 pm

Erinn wrote:Hey hey, ppl, stop dissing Frontier! You're missing the whole basic point! It doesnt matter if they have partner Digimon, what matters is the journey and the teamwork they go through! And Frontier had ALOT of that in it, it was different and they didnt always win, which is why I liked it. It showed true hardships and not to give up even in the last moments of death. Savers, though, was interesting until ep 8 and above, then it went down...it's always Masaru this, Masaru that.....where's the teamwork? Digimon is all about teamwork and finding the stronger you...not blast away the Digimon in a one hit wonder...
Thirded!
i Love Digimon! the movie was amazing i barrowed from a friend surprisingly the music in the movie is amazing
I love the Digimon Movie's music, much better than most of the dub music we get in other anime now. Sadly, every other Digimon movie had Digimon Fronteir dub music, which only really fits one of the movies I have seen, and seems really corny since it's used in ALL of the movies. It's not that hard to re-use movie 1's mucic...or make some new stuff up.
Yay, things are finally picking up in Savers! Now we have an actual enemy, and the ultimate levels will be appearing in the next episode.
No kidding? Who are they fighting now?

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:36 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
No kidding? Who are they fighting now?
Spoilers wrote:A Digimon named Mercurimon.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”