Digimon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:36 pm

Yes, Jeff Nimoy made an announcement that it was going to be dubbed soon. He asked members of the WTW forum which VAs people thought would be the best.
Jeff Nimoy wrote:Just for your own amusement, here were some of the choices you picked with the highest number of votes:

Agumon - Tom Fahn (Although all the other choices combined came out to more votes than Tom received. Something to think about.)
Masaru - Johnny Yong Bosch
Yoshino - Melissa Fahn
Raramon - Stephanie Sheh
Touma - Yuri Lowenthal
Gaomon - Kirk Thornton
Satsuma - Jamieson Price
Kudamon - Mari Devon
Ikuto - Mona Marshall
Kurata - Crispin Freeman
Sayuri - Mary Elizabeth McGlynn

And of course, Jeff Nimoy as Kamemon, Suguru and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Cherrymon.
*Just so you know, the original post contained several typos among the names. I went and fixed them. :)

The list is entirely theoretical, and none of those are official.

On another note, those of you who are big fans of Leomon, stay away from Savers. >_>
Spoiler :
They kill a Leomon character not once, but twice! SaberLeomon and BantyoLeomon both kick the bucket. Yeah, Bandai hates Leomon.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:11 pm

[quote="HyperTails]If they can cover the all of the plot holes that have happened up to the current point within the next 4 episodes, it won't be bad. However, they've left far too much unexplained so far, and it's going to be hard to get back to all of that.[/quote]

I also wanna know more about Agumon's past. Our very first image in Savers is Agumon running down some tunnel somewhere. How did he get here? How did he escape DATS? What was he doing in DATS?
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:36 am

I also wanna know more about Agumon's past. Our very first image in Savers is Agumon running down some tunnel somewhere. How did he get here? How did he escape DATS? What was he doing in DATS?[/quote]

Well, from what was said by Agumon in the first episode, he had been raised at the DATS hq his entire life, so we know his egg was hatched there. How he escaped and what they were doing is a mystery though, we can only assume that it has something to do with his armbands.

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:23 pm

HyperTails wrote:Yes, Jeff Nimoy made an announcement that it was going to be dubbed soon. He asked members of the WTW forum which VAs people thought would be the best.
Jeff Nimoy wrote:Just for your own amusement, here were some of the choices you picked with the highest number of votes:

Agumon - Tom Fahn (Although all the other choices combined came out to more votes than Tom received. Something to think about.)
Yoshino - Melissa Fahn
Raramon - Stephanie Sheh
Touma - Yuri Lowenthal
Gaomon - Kirk Thornton
Satsuma - Jamieson Price
Kudamon - Mari Devon
Ikuto - Mona Marshall
Kurata - Crispin Freeman

And of course, Jeff Nimoy as Kamemon, Suguru and (I can't believe I'm saying this) Cherrymon.
*Just so you know, the original post contained several typos among the names. I went and fixed them. :)

On another note, those of you who are big fans of Leomon, stay away from Savers. >_>
Spoiler :
They kill a Leomon character not once, but twice! SaberLeomon and BantyoLeomon both kick the bucket. Yeah, Bandai hates Leomon.
At least the dubs have some really great VAs. And since Tamers and Frontier were dubbed quite well, I expect this next one to be also...as long as Jeff Nimoy is working on it...he'll just make it suck like Adventure 02 by inserting his dumbass jokes.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:24 pm

Cornwiggle wrote:
HyperTails wrote:Yes, Jeff Nimoy made an announcement that it was going to be dubbed soon. He asked members of the WTW forum which VAs people thought would be the best.

Yoshino - Melissa Fahn
Raramon - Stephanie Sheh
Touma - Yuri Lowenthal
Gaomon - Kirk Thornton
Satsuma - Jamieson Price
Kudamon - Mari Devon
Ikuto - Mona Marshall
Kurata - Crispin Freeman

Spoiler :
At least the dubs have some really great VAs. And since Tamers and Frontier were dubbed quite well, I expect this next one to be also...as long as Jeff Nimoy is working on it...he'll just make it suck like Adventure 02 by inserting his dumbass jokes.
As long as Jeff Nimoy ISN'T working on it*
¯\(°_o)/¯

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:25 pm

Recently gotten to see some subtitles of the early eps of Tamers - in some cases, imo, the dub is an improvement. Great lines.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:28 pm

pinky75910 wrote:Recently gotten to see some subtitles of the early eps of Tamers - in some cases, imo, the dub is an improvement. Great lines.
Seriously, compare middle episodes of Adventure 02 with anything else. Some of the worst lines ever. If you notice, after they fired him the very ending of 02 isn't too bad dialouge wise but by then it was kinda too late.

And Tamers continued to improve, actually being serious in some points and Frontier was a bigger improvement. God, please don't let them let Nimoy write again.
¯\(°_o)/¯

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:21 am

Cornwiggle wrote:And Tamers continued to improve, actually being serious in some points and Frontier was a bigger improvement. God, please don't let them let Nimoy write again.
Jeff never said he would be the director, when he made the announcement he said they were choosing one. He also said if he didn't get the job, he'd give the VA suggestion list to whoever was chosen, though he couldn't promise anything. As of then, he hasn't said anything.

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:39 pm

Well, Savers has officially ended. The ending was very good, combining elements from the first three seasons. The only complaint is that they still left several things unanswered.
Spoiler :
Yggdrasil is defeated fairly early in the episode by Agumon. Seriosuly, Masaru's Digisoul gives Agumon a bird-like form (Agumon Burst Mode?) and the two blow through Yggdrasil. Suguru did return in the end, but BantyoLeomon's still dead. The border between the worlds was fixed with a combination of Digisouls from every human and Digimon on the planet. The Digimon, in the end, decide to go back to the Digital World alone. Everyone spends one last night together, and the next day they depart. During this, Masaru decides to tag along and stay in the Digital World with the Digimon.

As the credits role, scenes are shown from 9 years later. Ikuto and Chika are attending middle school, Yushima is still fishing, Tohma has won the Nobel Peace Prize at age 19 for curing Relena's disease, and Satsuma, Miki, Megumi, and Yoshino are all police officers. There is a scene with Yoshino chasing Kouki, whom is speeding on a motorcycle (yes, all of the Bio Digimon survived). Masaru and Agumon are last seen breaking up a fight in the Digital World.[/size]

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:40 pm

Oops, I accidently put size instead of spoiler, can a mod please fix that? >_>

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”