Digimon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:32 pm

DTJB wrote:Tamers, without a doubt, is my favorite. If I remember correctly, the creator of Lain served as the head writer for that series. And by the way pinky, that episode did air a little after Sept. 11. I remember this because I was taking classes at U of Iowa, and there are a lot of little things I remember from that year.
Thanks for the confirmation! ^_^ I understand there's some connection between Tamers and Evangelion, some coincidences.. And about Alice...
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:33 pm

Yeah, I read on wikipedia that Guilmon's forms were inspired from Evangelion.....somehow. I don't really see it. Maybe Gallantmon......

Coinsidences? Alice? What are they?

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:47 pm

Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:56 pm

To learn more about Alice and the Lain connection look up to "THE ONE-TRACK MIND OF CHIAKI KONAKA" http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/digipedia/trivia.htm#5

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:00 pm

Something kinda bugs me...I've tried looking for Digimon dvds but I can't find any. It kinda reminds me of Cardcaptor Sakura, I've only ever seen the first three dvds and the rest was never there, as if it never existed... And those series have been seen on television already...hm... :?

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:02 pm

anime_flower wrote:Something kinda bugs me...I've tried looking for Digimon dvds but I can't find any. It kinda reminds me of Cardcaptor Sakura, I've only ever seen the first three dvds and the rest was never there, as if it never existed... And those series have been seen on television already...hm... :?
There's been a few random vhs arcs released, doubt if they made it to dvd. Other than that and the American movie, They just have out the first 13 episodes of Digimon Adventure Season 01. If you want dvds, you'd best look to Japan.

Digitalmaster3605
Org Profile

Post by Digitalmaster3605 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:42 pm

anime_flower wrote:Something kinda bugs me...I've tried looking for Digimon dvds but I can't find any. It kinda reminds me of Cardcaptor Sakura, I've only ever seen the first three dvds and the rest was never there, as if it never existed... And those series have been seen on television already...hm... :?
Well, they did release the first two seasons of Cardcaptors since i assume that's what your talking about. They released all 3 seasons of Card Captor Sakura too. http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalo ... c/asc/50/1

And they released my favorite few episodes of Digimon. The battle with Piedmon video is amazing. But I had taped all of the first season already lol.

I love Digimon. It is, and probably will stay as one of my favorite animes. For me Adventure > Zero Two > Frontier > Tamers, I'd put Saver's in there, but I only saw the first three episodes. I've been meaning to catch up but I haven't had a chance. My biggest gripe with that whole series is the ending of Zero Two. I was, am, and will always be a hardcore T.K./Kari shipper, and seeing them not together, and Yolei and Ken together, just angered me so much. I remember freaking out when I saw it the first time. Favorite Digimon has to be Patamon.

I hate that I missed all of the movies when they were showing them on T.V. I kept turning to them when there was like half an hour left =(

However I happen to have memorized Digimon: The Movie. Watched it everyday of the summer that it came out lol.

Erinn
Org Profile

Post by Erinn » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:52 am

Heh, even though Digimon the movie squashed in three movies into one, it was still pretty enjoyable...my sister [who is older and was forced to watch it with me in theater] loved the little dub conversation between Tai and Matt and T.K.'s grandmother..... "You're selling ties?" ..."No, my NAME is Tai" ..lol cracked me up a few times...

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:09 am

Foreign movies, in my observations, have differences than American ones. Sometimes, they like to leave you hanging. IMO - a lot of the little changes they made in three movies, ie: joining them altogether, helped make more sense, and a better movie.

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:16 am

Digitalmaster3605 wrote:
Well, they did release the first two seasons of Cardcaptors since i assume that's what your talking about. They released all 3 seasons of Card Captor Sakura too. http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalo ... c/asc/50/1

And they released my favorite few episodes of Digimon. The battle with Piedmon video is amazing. But I had taped all of the first season already lol.

I love Digimon. It is, and probably will stay as one of my favorite animes. For me Adventure > Zero Two > Frontier > Tamers, I'd put Saver's in there, but I only saw the first three episodes. I've been meaning to catch up but I haven't had a chance. My biggest gripe with that whole series is the ending of Zero Two. I was, am, and will always be a hardcore T.K./Kari shipper, and seeing them not together, and Yolei and Ken together, just angered me so much. I remember freaking out when I saw it the first time. Favorite Digimon has to be Patamon.

I hate that I missed all of the movies when they were showing them on T.V. I kept turning to them when there was like half an hour left =(

However I happen to have memorized Digimon: The Movie. Watched it everyday of the summer that it came out lol.
What?!? Cardcaptor came out, the full seasons? Which country is this??? Hm...

I'm lost in Digimon now. I wish I can go back to watch it all again, it's too bad it's not on DVD or have them all on VHS. I thought T.K. and Kari got together in the end? Or, is my memory playing up on me?

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”