Digimon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:05 am

Digimon is my all-time favorite. I can't pick a favorite season, they all have the charm. I always cry at the end of 01. I cry at the end of the Digimon Emperer's arc of 02. I cry during the eps of the mid-season character of Frontier. I cry during the final episode of Frontier. Digimon's dubbing got progressively better each season, and by Frontier, it was very close! Even at times using direct quotes! The dubbing for the most part was pretty good, when you consider *other* American dubs. So little was censored, they openly admit to living in Tokyo and eating rice balls and sushi! Such delightful quotes all throughout. When I first watched the end of 01, my vcr cut off the last few minutes of it and I missed it! For two nights I couldn't sleep because I was so worried about the characters! I was so into it. The characters were so simple, but so real. We shared their joys, their sorrows... We saw how each of the children evolved and became stronger. Has that ever happened to you? The conclusion of 02 suggested that we can all be DigiDestined as long as we hold on to our dreams. Digimon tackles real issues like death, grief, responsibility, forgiveness, adoption, divorce, etc. It used to be that Tamers was my least favorite because it was so dark, but now I love it. I also love Frontier, because the children are right smack in the middle of danger. In that one episode, Kouji and Takuya are at tears because they *know* they are going to die... The dubbers really *got* the heart of this series. I think Frontier even used some of the Japanese evolution themes.

"When I went back, everything was the same - but I was different..."

As for Savers, well, with each new season comes doubt that they can live up to seasons past. I say, give it time. They haven't let us down yet! I like the art too, and that it's targeted for an older audience. Will be interesting to see how they try to get it dubbed!

If there's anyone out there interested in making Digimon amvs, lmk! I may be able to help you out! ^_~

I saw all the dubbed Digimon movies, and they were all great. They were unable to secure Tai, Agumon, Gabumon, Hawkmon's VA's, but they got Ken/Veemon's, Davis's, Wormmon's, Matt's, Cody and Yolei! That's really what matters! Their replacements were really good too!
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:08 am

Sorry for the double-post -

I also remember the ep(s) where Leomon was killed aired around the time of September 11th 2001, I remember that specifically. There was no way it coulda been timed that way - it really kinda hit me, how Jeri handled the situation.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:55 pm

That episode was aired around Sept.11? I honestly don't remember that. What I do remember is that I thought for sure the poor girl would die later in the series (around when she was under control by the D-Reaper), and how pleasently surprised I was when she didn't. I hope I didn't spoil anyone there ^^;

And just in case, I'll try this spoiler-tag thing again.
I hope Tamers gets another season somehow, some way. The gateway back to the digital world was shown in the final episode, so I assumed that Tamers movie 2 took place after the series, since Takato had his gold D-Arc, and that was the only place in the timeline I could fit that movie.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:35 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:That episode was aired around Sept.11? I honestly don't remember that. What I do remember is that I thought for sure the poor girl would die later in the series (around when she was under control by the D-Reaper), and how pleasently surprised I was when she didn't. I hope I didn't spoil anyone there ^^;
I specifically remember that. It's possible that I'm smoking crack, but I definitely have those two things put together in my mind.

On a different issue, the Frontier movie is my favorite - it has the best ending. It's a shame they don't put the ending credits in the dub.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:29 pm

pinky75910 wrote:
I specifically remember that. It's possible that I'm smoking crack, but I definitely have those two things put together in my mind.

On a different issue, the Frontier movie is my favorite - it has the best ending. It's a shame they don't put the ending credits in the dub.
Hey! Stop smoking! *Smacks Pinky*

My favorite is probablly movie 2- The Diaboromon one. I went to see that movie so much in theaters, then watched it to death when it came out on VHS. It just holds a special place in my heart :3

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:39 pm

Well, now we know how Masaru evolves GeoGreymon to Risegreymon in Savers.
Spoiler wrote:He gets so angry/upset that his Digisoul overflows to his entire body. When this happens the words "Perfect Evolution" appear on his Digivice and he charges it by concentrating it all to his hand and putting it into his Digivice. Then it shoots a giant beam of energy out that evolves GeoGreymon.
Gaomon is next. :) Also, it's good to see that the main enemy is going to be causing a lot of problems and giving us an actual storyline now.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:59 pm

Sounds awsome! But that means Yukino (Thats her name, right?) won't be able to evolve her digimon, she never gets that mad XD Just kidding of course, all of the Digisouls seem to be unique. I'm actually looking forward so seeing her.....do something. Anything.

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:29 pm

Her name is Yoshino, and she should have an episode as well some time soon.

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:42 am

I've lost it with all of the Digimon. I saw the first and second but when I tried to watch the third, I didn't really get (cuz it was half way through on tv) then, I saw a little bit of the forth and fifth (I think). I just don't get what's going on anymore. :cry:

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:22 pm

HyperTails wrote:Her name is Yoshino, and she should have an episode as well some time soon.
I can't beleive I forgot her name......
I've lost it with all of the Digimon. I saw the first and second but when I tried to watch the third, I didn't really get (cuz it was half way through on tv) then, I saw a little bit of the forth and fifth (I think). I just don't get what's going on anymore.
Heh heh. Well, as of the 3rd season, the seasons now have nothing to do with each other, they are different worlds or realities, maybe even timelines. Hit up Pinky75910 for info on the different seasons, the is like, the Digimon queen, I swear. ((Wait, somebody else already has that title))

Season five is not out is the US yet, so if you saw it on TV I would be amazed XD

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”