Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
SakuraMeimi
Org Profile

Re: Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

Post by SakuraMeimi » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:21 am

Code Geass <3 I just love this anime, one of my favourites.
Though I have to agree with some people here. Season 1 was way better than season 2... oh well still :/
All Hail Lelouch <3

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:21 pm

gotenks794 wrote:So C.C.'s real name is ____________?
Yeah I know, I hate that. After Lelouch found out her real name, he said "So that's your real name. It's so ___ (beautiful, unique, etc.)" or whatever.

Anyhow: One of my favorite series. It's either a hit or miss for some people. It's either a "Oh god, this series sucks major balls." or a "OH EM GEE!@!@#$E!@ LULU 4 EVA! Dis series b liek epic." The latter being mine, but slightly toned down.

A great series, though I sometimes got annoyed when their noses stuck up 90 degrees from the profile.
Image Image

SovietJedi
Org Profile

Post by SovietJedi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Taite wrote:
gotenks794 wrote:A great series, though I sometimes got annoyed when their noses stuck up 90 degrees from the profile.
I actually liked the stylistic, if not weird, choices they made with the character design. I think it made it more enjoyable, somehow, that the characters weren't realistic-looking. I swear to God, though, that there was probably only one girl in the entire series that was average-looking. Why did every girl have to look like a twig with two bewbs? I wish there were more girls like that irl. :D

I also really liked the characters and plot. The plot was a little cliche, but the way they handled it was pretty good. Sorta like that Twilight Zone episode with the killer doll. The killer doll cliche is so unoriginal, but the way they presented it was so intriguing, that it was no longer unoriginal. Also, with a show with this many characters, you'd expect it to have minimal character development. This was somehow not the case with Code Geass. They made me hate the villains, and love the heroes. Lelouch was such an awesome character, he wasn't a ruthless barbarian who killed anyone in his way like Light Yagami. Lelouch was different. He was still hellbent on acheiving his goal, but rather than just kill and decieve people left and right, he actually cared about people, and the only people he ever betrayed or killed were his enemies.

Then came R2. I was so glad to see another series after R1's trainwreck of a cliffhanger ending. I liked R2, but it really wasn't as good as the first series. Where in the first series Lelouch used his wits and weird chess tactics to outwit Britannia, R2 relied too heavily on Deus ex Machina plot elements to save the characters. The animation was good, though, and there were a few good scenes that convinced me to overlook all the Deus ex Machinas. Would you believe I actually cried when
Spoiler :
Shirley died?
But then came the ending.

THE REST OF THIS REVIEW IS AN ENDING SPOILER! READ ON WITH CAUTION!
Spoiler :
Over the last five episodes, Lelouch becomes emporer of Britannia and establishes himself as a fierce dictator, who kills and destroys for complete domination. So, he was now pretty much the complete opposite of how I liked him. I really didn't like where the show was going, and I almost decided to give up on it. But I pulled through to the last episode. "Okay," I thought "Last episode, there's gotta be a plost twist now! Let me guess, this isn't the real Lelouch! Or... it's all just a dream!" Sadly, there was three minutes left of the episode, and that plot twist still hadn't come. It was the final battle, and it would seem that now Lelouch had finally won. But then, there was one of the biggest, best twist endings ever, and it happened in like only a minute and a half. It was revealed that Lelouch did all of this stuff for peace. His plan was to stop being a good guy, conquer the entire world, and have all hate of the entire world directed onto him. Then, when he ruled the world, he'd have Suzaku assassinate him, and then everyone would have nothing left to hate. He carries out this plan, and it actually works. The credits roll, and
I sat back with my jaw open and cried. What a great idea for a plot twist.

TL;DR Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion is overall a good anime. While it has its flaws, its plot twists and interesting, flawed hero will drive you to keep watching. It's one of the best animated shows I've seen in a while and the voice acting is superb. The sequel series R2 has some incredible animation, even better than the first series. However the plot crams too many Deus ex Machinas in when they're really not appropriate. But there's a small handful of great scenes and a twist ending that make it worth a watch.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion gets a hands-down 9/10
Code Geass R2 wasn't great, but out of generosity I'll give it a 7.5, which rounds to an 8/10

LOL BLURRY

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:52 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... h-revealed

Watch it be a silly drama CD or something not anime TV series related. :lol:
ImageImage

SovietJedi
Org Profile

Post by SovietJedi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:42 am

angelx03 wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... h-revealed

Watch it be a silly drama CD or something not anime TV series related. :lol:
Woah. I hope it's a movie, but you're probably right, it's gonna be like some stupid alternate universe manga adaptation.

LOL BLURRY

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:08 pm

SovietJedi wrote:Woah. I hope it's a movie, but you're probably right, it's gonna be like some stupid alternate universe manga adaptation.
You will be smited for ever thinking that Nightmare of Nunnally could ever be a bad thing.

SovietJedi
Org Profile

Post by SovietJedi » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:19 pm

Didn't like it. Interesting premise, but I really just didn't like.

LOL BLURRY

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:48 pm

I FEEL I MUST REEDUCATE YOU IN THIS, MY NEW DROOG. CLEARLY YOU MISSED MY MEMO FROM PAGES AGO.
Ishbalan wrote:HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE CHARACTER DESIGNS FOR NIGHTMARE OF NUNNALLY?
OH MY GOD IS IT GAR MANLY ENOUGH

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 142xh8.pngQuoted Image converted to link:
http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... 115ia0.jpg Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 470xf2.jpg Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 901cq9.jpg Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 908nm1.jpg Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... 918lk4.jpg
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 546oi7.jpg

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:13 pm

/clap clap

SovietJedi
Org Profile

Post by SovietJedi » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:29 pm

A Clockwork Orange? Good movie.

Anyway, I like the art in Nightmare of Nunnally, but WHY DID THEY HAVE TO TRY AND MAKE NUNNALLY SEXY?! She's blind, crippled, innocent girl for Christ's sake! That whole thing with Nemo? Just because Nunnally suddenly has blonde hair and can walk doesn't change a thing for me! She's still the same blind, crippled, innocet girl... sort of. STOP MAKING HER SEXY, STOP MAKING HER SEXY, STOP MAKING HER SEXY!

LOL BLURRY

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”