Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

Post by angelx03 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:05 pm

[This is now the official Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion discussion thread.]

Someone posted these in AnimeOnDVD forums:

http://img45.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc ... 1_RR02.jpg
http://img46.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc ... 3_RR01.jpg
http://img101.imagevenue.com/img.php?lo ... 7_RR03.jpg

It's a Sunrise mecha series called Code Geass. CLAMP will be involved with the original character designs. The user also posted the staff info:

Director: Goro Taniguchi (Scryed, PlanetES)
Series Editor: Ichiro Okouchi
Original Character Design: CLAMP
Character Design: Takahiro Kimura
Original Mecha Design: Akiman (Overman King Gainer, Turn A Gundam)
Production: Sunrise

Here's the basic synopsis:
duckroll from AnimeOnDVD wrote:The setting of the show is a mix of campus anime and robot anime.

In the setting of the show, Japan has been invaded and is under the control of a major superpower. It is now a colony known as "Area 11". The emperor of the superpower sends his bloodline as proxy rulers of each "area" but the battle over this lineage will determine the fate of "Area 11".

The main characters are the "Black Prince", Lelouch Vi Britannia, who has rejected his given path and the "White Knight", Kururugi Suzaku, who values justice. Both are fighting to win the battle to free Japan, but they're also opposed in ideologies. Both guys are said to be typical CLAMP characters, closer to their Tsubasa designs. There is also a mysterious girl known as the Withc of Destiny shown who is more of the typical Kimura female design. There is also an illustration the main mech.
The synopsis just screams X with mechs. :roll:

[paizuri: This thread was moved from General Anime and renamed.]

Official site (japanese)
ImageImage

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: CLAMP involved in upcoming new Sunrise series.

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:00 pm

angelx03 wrote:The synopsis just screams X with mechs. :roll:
so... me-X? :O
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

angelx03
Org Profile

Re: CLAMP involved in upcoming new Sunrise series.

Post by angelx03 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:43 am

Kitsuner wrote:
angelx03 wrote:The synopsis just screams X with mechs. :roll:
so... me-X? :O
ZING!!! :roll:

Anyways, the placeholder of the official website is open:

http://www.geass.jp/
ImageImage

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:14 am

Geass. Ge. Ass.

For the love of...

The puns on this one are going to be atrocious.

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:40 am

A 50 second trailer has been released:

http://broadband.biglobe.ne.jp/sitemap/index_geass.html

Well, this looks like it'll be a fun series. And it seems like the OP of this series will be done by FLOW who also did the first OP of Eureka 7.
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:44 am

Saw the first episode. Hmm, seems like the British (which they call themselves Britannia) got uber powerful mechs, took over the U.S. AND Canada, and then conquered Japan and renamed it Area 11. Oh boy...! :shock:

The pacing of the first episode was pretty damn fast, but it wasn't too confusing. Though Lelouch getting some weird power from a mysterious girl, C.C. which allows to him to control people was kind of neat.
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:41 am

Episode 2 has some pretty slick mecha action (though Suzaku's mech was ridiculously overpowered :shock:)!

Though I am getting weird Death Note vibes out of this series now since Lelouch got the power to control people, has an excellent tactical sense, and wants to reshape the world according to HIS view.
ImageImage

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:55 am

angelx03 wrote:the British (which they call themselves Britannia) got uber powerful mechs, took over the U.S.
A dream come true.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:16 am

I'm split on whether to keep watching or quit. I'm getting a Gundam SEED vibe from this show, combined with the strange current CLAMP character designs and their odd long limbs, make me hesitant to continue. The story so far is interesting but I don't know who the main protagonist is. Is it the guy with his name in the title - Lelouch? Or his old friend, the guy piloting the rediculously overpowered Nightmare mech - Suzaku?

I admire the people in the credits who are making the show, but so far it seem pretty overwrought. Maybe I'll stay until the inevitable plot twist...
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:27 am

I'll stay until someone's brother is more than they looked like. Since this is part-CLAMP, it shouldn't take long.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”