Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Re: Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

Post by hasteroth » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:06 pm

AimoAio wrote:I liked this anime ^^ The ending made me cry though :(
You're not alone :cry:
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:41 pm

Spoiler :
It's not so much the part where he dies,it's the part where Nunally realises that he's not actually evil and he's still the lovely brother she knew.The whole sacrifice himself for the world just got me all teary.
If my nasty little brother wasn't in the room next door I would have been bawling my eyes out :sweat:

saveusjesus
Org Profile

Post by saveusjesus » Sat May 02, 2009 7:06 pm

there is a new code geass but it is just manga it is called code geass kinghtmare of nunnally

saveusjesus
Org Profile

Post by saveusjesus » Sat May 02, 2009 7:08 pm

there is only 11 chapters out right now

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Post by O-Kagachi » Sat May 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Here's an idea. Read past posts to see if we've already discussed it.. and dont' pointlessly double post.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sat May 02, 2009 7:58 pm

O-Kagachi wrote:Here's an idea. Read past posts to see if we've already discussed it.. and dont' pointlessly double post.
If I hadn't read the past few posts I'd have thought you were talking to me :D .

But don't be so hard on the newbie. (I'd like to ask the same for the way other's treat me)

But O-Kagachi does have a point.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Wed May 06, 2009 9:28 pm

I finally got the Part 3 box of the first season.
They de-censored the waterfall scene on Kaminejima. It looks a bit more natural now.

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Sun May 24, 2009 3:42 am

I just got finished watching the newest 2 episodes released in English. OK I have to say that Code Geass is, I think, my favorite Anime. But these episodes are making my head spin because they make no sense what so ever with everything that has happened before. I'm finding my self very disapointed and scratching my head saying "Huh? How is that even possible when just a few short episodes ago they were trying to kill each other?". I think that the show got so amitious with all the plot twists that it twisted it's own continuity into a big ball of messy yarn. The continuity in regards to the characters in this anime is attrocious. Alllow me to elaborate involving spoilers....
Spoiler :
About the only character that makes any sense at all is Milly. Suzaku and Lelouch are first best friends then hate each other, then are friends again, then want to kill each other again, and suddenly 2-3 episodes later Suzaku is pounding his fist on his heart in loyalty to Lelouch "All hail Emperor Lelouch" and serving as his Knight? Huh???

Lelouch is fighting the entire series to avenge the death of his mother and for the honor of his sister Nunnally. Then once Lelouch finally reunites with his mother and finds out she is still alive after all, He kills her??????? Likewise he finds out his father actually had the same ambitions for the world and yet suddenly he changes his mind and destroys the dream he had been fighting for as Zero. On that note he also became a hypocrit by declaring war on the world. I kept waiting for this episode ("Emperor Lelouch") to show someone waking up from a bad dream because none of it made any sense what so ever. Also Nunnally is talking about how great her big brother is in one episode and then a couple later she is declaring he is her enemy. Kallen shows she's in love with Lelouch one second, then in the very same episode act like none of that ever happened and then she wants to kill him herself. Charles is in cahoots with VV against Zero/Lelouch and CC trying to kill them and then suddenly we're just supposed to believe he knew VV killed Lady Marianne and that CC and Lelouch was all part of his plan all along? Give me a mother freaking break! I could go on and on and on. Rolo, Lord Jeremiah (and what was up with him bowing to Lelouch if Lady Marianne was eternally gone thanks to Lelouch?), Lady Marianne, Bismark (says he used his Geass to fight Marianne and in the same battle ends his life saying long live Marianne? Don't get that.) etc etc etc. The character allegiences and their motives in this show make about zero sense. (No pun intended.) They flip on a dime without any clear build up or emotional journey. And it's not just one time either, it's constantly happening. It all seems rushed and contradicting. Relating to what we know about relationships and people's motavations in real life, there is no way to make much sense of all the dramatic twists of the characters allegiences and stances in the plot switching on a dime to just the oposite position they had before.

Hopefully there is something that I haven't seen yet that will make sense of all this, but these past 2 episodes really made no sense with the rest of the series in my opinion. Suzaku and Lelouch spend the whole series trying to kill each other and change the world against a dictator and suddenly they are the best of buds again and declaring war on everybody they had fought to protect? The biggest kicker of all was that just before the episode "Emperor Lelouch", the previous episode ended with Suzaku saying, "You are the person who killed Euphy." Then with Lelouch responding, "Right. And what about that?" Then all of a sudden Suzaku is the top defender and lutenant for Lelouch a couple of minutes in the show later? I don't get it. Makes no sense to me. Suzaku was still mad that Lelouch killed Euphy. He was mad at the way the world worked. Then all of a sudden he is taking part in the very same things the entire series portrayed him to hate and he's doing it on behalf of Lelouch, and fighting for Lelouch. WTF? I just don't get it. Am I missing something.

It seems the las 2 episode are so far contradictory to the rest of the series that I don't know what to think. I feel let down by the entire show now. I'm glad Bleach had some really good episodes on tonight. That at least redeemed my time watching the TV.
Again, Code Geass is my favorite anime, but these last 2 episodes make no sense with the rest of the series and none of the characters have any bit of consistancy with them. I understand wanting to have twists and suspence, but there does come a point where it can undo everything that was built up in the show if you try too many twists and they don't mesh with the characters that have been characterized.
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Sun May 24, 2009 3:45 am

Since I can't edit, that word up there is supposed to be "ambitious" not "amitious". Please forgive any typos and also, thank you for letting me rant a bit about the show. :)
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue May 26, 2009 11:41 pm

What episodes are these? Not the very last?

I thought epic ending was epic. Wait for it if you haven't got to it, it indeed wraps up everything nicely. And mercifully vindicates that douche Suzaku, too. :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”