Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Flame-X
Org Profile

Re: Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion

Post by Flame-X » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:47 am

JazzyDJ wrote: What gets me is how easily Kallen and the Black Nights all of a sudden want to kill Lelouch/Zero after everything they had gone through; After everything Lelouch had done for them. Especially considering they're motive for doings so came from a rumor sparked by their arch enemy. Then all of a sudden they trust HIM over Zero and are teaming up with Shnizel as their best friend?? I find that hard to believe. You would think they would not trust Shnizel as far as they could throw him, and would refuse to fight on his behalf.
Can't agree enough there. It was completely one sided for the Black Knights to believe in Schniezel (however you spell his name) in a snap rather than getting Zero's side of the story. Even with that audio recording he revealed to them, how do they know if it's a real thing? Other than that, the other big gripe I had with the Black Knights is their happy ending. It's like they never paid the price for peace. Hell, not a single one of them died.

Joe88
Org Profile

Post by Joe88 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:35 pm

I guess they knew something was up, leading up to that ep, how zero was acting and certain missions they were doing which didnt seem to make sense to them

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:03 pm

I finished the domestic box collection too. Loved the dub. Can't wait for R2

Um, I liked the ending, but I'm on the 'Lelouch drives carriage' boat personally.

Him and C.C. and Kallen should continue getting it on in my doujin rendition of the ending, heh heh heh...

^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Joe88
Org Profile

Post by Joe88 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:54 pm

R2 dub just finished airing on AS this past saturday

they are probably gonna re-air the whole thing again though...

JazzyDJ
Org Profile

Post by JazzyDJ » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:06 am

OmniStrata wrote:I finished the domestic box collection too. Loved the dub. Can't wait for R2

Um, I liked the ending, but I'm on the 'Lelouch drives carriage' boat personally.

Him and C.C. and Kallen should continue getting it on in my doujin rendition of the ending, heh heh heh...

^_^
:lol: Touche

As for the ending, I admit, I got a lump in my throat. No tears or nothing, but it was touching. Didn't make much sense how easily nunalee could figure out what Lelouch was thinking/doing, but it was moving. My biggest disapointment is like what is quoted above. I wanted to see a happy ending with Lelouch, CC, and Kalllen in a nice triangle of anime love. Or at the very least the black knights forgiving and thanking Lelouch.

Anyone think that Code Geass will continue? If so how do you think they'll pull it off? CC is still out there after all. My money is on a story around Suzaku, maybe he gets geass and Lelouch shows up in C's world just like Lady Marianne. All I know is that ANYTHING is possible with these writers.
Number 1 on the Bottom 40

DTJB
Org Profile

Post by DTJB » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:29 am

Finished this yesterday after I taped it. LOVED IT. Well done series and the ending really had me going. I can understand how some points don't make sense, but I think it takes A LOT of analytical thinking to make the connections.
Spoiler :
Saw fan art of other people's rendition of the final scene long before watching the last episode. Based on that, I can see how Lelouch faked his death.
Probably too busy to be here right now.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:51 am

If there is any Italian in reading...

...the QUALITY that this show is will be airing on Rai 4 starting September...

...GOD, what have you done. ;_;

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:19 am

So did they explain how Nunally & Co. survived the FLAIA warhead?

Great series, but the plot holes are deep enough to break your shins. It's great if you can muster up the suspension of disbelief to watch it.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:20 pm

Vivaldi wrote:So did they explain how Nunally & Co. survived the FLAIA warhead?
Spoiler :
I think the depth of the explaination was...I'm sorry, but yer princess was in another castle escape craft
Plot holes, yes
but a very entertaining story...save for the first half or so of R2

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:38 am

Who'd watch:

Code Geass: Fumoffu

with me? ^_^

THAT'S how you could continue this series.
The smattering of a few 'slice of life' eps, which were hilariously great [Tomato Sauced C.C. anyone?] could easily continue this show. Lelouch's 'fabulous' motions can also keep me laughing my ass off...

I'd like to stuff a pizza into C.C. myself ^_^

It's cute quirks like her pizza addiction [or Girls Bravo's Miharu's Banana addiction] or other anime gal's personality traits that really set her apart from a cold hearted monster...

The ep where the world's largest pizza ended up in a tree and her english dub "Where can I go to eat the world's largest pizza" was priceless...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”