Naruto

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:32 pm

Ivvan Cain wrote:That move I believe is only in the anime. In the manga, Neji only uses Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms. Why is there a 128 palm in the anime? Because they decided 128 is double of 64, so it would be a stronger move...

Still find it annoying how they just make up shit.
uh... it's the same thing doubled. If someone were to punch you in the face twice, it would probably hurt a bit more than just once. Keep doubling that (2^n) and you get things that are *supprise* more "powerful." It's a cheap way to improve a character without having to make new skills up, but they're not really "making shit up" ... they're milking a concept.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Ivvan Cain
Org Profile

Post by Ivvan Cain » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:34 pm

Fine. My choice of words might not be correct for this case. "Make shit up" probably applies better for the fillers.

In this case, milking a concept is quite appropriate. Doesn't make it any less annoying. I just feel the jump from 64 to 128 is quite large and surprised that Neji didn't use the technique against Naruto at all, then suddenly has it available for the spider guy, Kidomaru.

I doubt Neji could have mastered doubling 64 to 128 in such a short time (going by the general sense from the manga, so the only thing happened between the two fights would mainly be the search for Tsunade) especially since the move is also twice the speed, so not only is he attacking twice as often, he's attacking twice as fast (so I guess both moves that the same amount of time). Plus, I'm also asuming he had to spend a lot of time on more missions since after the invasion of Konoha, the village was still taking on equal amounts of missions.

In general, I found the fact that he develope unbelievable and added in as an easy way to make Neji's attack seem stronger without really any effort or thought.

Ofcourse, I'm could also be extremely biased since I like the manga far more than the anime because the manga doesn't feel nearly as drawn out as the anime series.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:52 pm

I've read most of the american translated anime (I've read 1,2,5-12)
but I don't know if theres anymore translated, further than volume twleve anyway

I used to hate neji, for being such a jackass, but now that I've read his bio and his history(I watch the anime on CN so I end up readin on the net)
and he's a really cool dude
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

Ivvan Cain
Org Profile

Post by Ivvan Cain » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:03 pm

That's one the things I like about Naruto. No matter how big of a jackass a person is, they usually explain why...usually...they still have a few people to explain...

On an unrelated note, Bad Naruto Toy...apparently if you don't do the hand gestures right the blue flame thing fires tokens at you...[/url]

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:15 pm

BLAHHAHAHAH

what a funy lil' du-dad, hahahah

thats really funny

Smartone51555
Org Profile

Post by Smartone51555 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:15 pm

I don't watch the american version of naruto because from what i have seen and heard they cut out most of the good violence, ie blood, cussing, etc. It is better to watch the original and have to use subtitles. How many of you agree.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:24 pm

qouting a good friend of mine

"for some of us, the crappy CN version is all we have"

so choke on it, it may suck, but some of us have a budget

though I would like to have the subtitled version, just to see what really happened, though also. I read the manga too, but sense they only have til volume 11 I'm kinda stuck at the very beginning of naruto's fight with neji

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:32 pm

Budget? like you can't pay for a broadband internet connection? Verizon offers packages for as low as most dial-up prices with a huge speed advantage.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:48 pm

uhh, I can't get service where I live, 56k is all I got

Ivvan Cain
Org Profile

Post by Ivvan Cain » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:01 pm

I'm against the anime series in general...but I have to wonder where you are that you can't get broadband at all...

But with broadband, you can still get the mangas. :)

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”