Air Gear

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Air Gear

Post by paizuri » Sun May 14, 2006 5:14 pm

This is the official Air Gear discussion thread.

Official site (japanese)

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Sun May 14, 2006 8:13 pm

"Air Gear is about a typical 15 year old, Minami Itsuki aka Ikki, the leader of East Side Gunz, Higachu Junior High school gang. After being utterly humiliated by a street gang of Storm Riders using Air Treck (abbreviated as AT), the Noyamano siblings gave him a pair of Air Treck and helped him to deal with them. When the incident is over, he finds that he really likes the feeling of "flying" and he is sucked into the world of Air Treck. In the earliest part of the story, it mainly focus with Ikki finding his footing as a Storm Rider among with little episodes of his friends' lives. Later, the story is further developed to look into the issues of the AT world when Akito and Agito appear. " - Quoted from a site i'm not alowed to post ;p

Quite an entertaining ... er.... ecchi, comedy, fun show that I have been keeping tabs with since it started comming out a few weeks ago. Its based off of the insanely popular Manga of the same name.

and btw, Shimca, the girl that first noticed Ikki's potential with Air trecks, is HAWT! If nothing else, watch the show just to see her :lol: In Episode 5, She even snuck into his bathroom completely naked to wash Ikkis back, ended up getting tackled by Jelous Ringo chan, who sent her flying... landing right on Ikki's face ....in quite the position :lol:

More information about the show here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Gear

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sun May 14, 2006 11:44 pm

This is one of those shows where you watch it and you think to yourself: "this has to be the most retarded thing ever".

Then you think about all the other shows that are just as bad... and wind up getting hooked on the shows unique style of animation and 'camera' angles.

thanks to the crows magical ability to cover up suspect body parts, the show is mostly family friendly (just don't show it to someone that things they can ride roller blades down the side of a building), and strangely addictive in it's presentation and stupidity.

AJip
Org Profile

Post by AJip » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:03 pm

Jet Set Radio basically. Its a decent anime :D

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:46 am

madbunny wrote:This is one of those shows where you watch it and you think to yourself: "this has to be the most retarded thing ever".

Then you think about all the other shows that are just as bad... and wind up getting hooked on the shows unique style of animation and 'camera' angles.

thanks to the crows magical ability to cover up suspect body parts, the show is mostly family friendly (just don't show it to someone that things they can ride roller blades down the side of a building), and strangely addictive in it's presentation and stupidity.
/nod nods

it's fun to dare to be stupid at times
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”